Discussion topic: parks and rec not on peacock

This message was authored by Woodenbin This message was authored by: Woodenbin

parks and rec not on peacock

I read that parks and rec is meant to be on peacock but when i check the peacock app on skytv it isn't there 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: parks and rec not on peacock

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Woodenbin  We're seeing lots of these posts, the advertising you're seeing is probably referring to the USA version not the UK one 

they are completely different and not one of the same content wise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Parks & recs had been available on sky comedy then peacock section from Jan 2020 until some time in June or July of this year so after 30 months maybe sky have taken it off for the time being

Currently available on netflix though

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

I'm still wondering what the point of Peacock in the UK is at the minute. Surely the content could just have been dumped onto SKY / Now. I'm sure there is a long term strategy in there but at the minute it looks like a completely unnecessary layer.

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

@redsky88 wrote:

I'm still wondering what the point of Peacock in the UK is at the minute. Surely the content could just have been dumped onto SKY / Now. I'm sure there is a long term strategy in there but at the minute it looks like a completely unnecessary layer.

There appears to be some flip-flopping on whether it would launch here. They said it was coming to Sky when first announced;

https://www.nbcuniversal.com/press-release/nbcuniversal-announces-direct-consumer-streaming-service-...

Then some time later the head of NBCU stated it wouldn't, saying it would avoid major Sky markets. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/peacock-hits-26m-sign-ups-says-nbcuniversal...

Obviously that then changed (maybe as a way of scaling it for the benefit of investors without really scaling it) and they launched it as a VOD channel/hub on Sky which was probably the best way for us as it would have been hard to position a standalone service with Sky/Now and Hayu already existing (as well as no real USP)...that being said it does feel like they're not really committing fully as yet given that they've opted to license a few NBCU owned Peacock shows to other services & channels as there's clearly a decent amount of library NBCU content they could likely exploit on there but I think in real terms, Sky is the flagship European brand and I think for us, Peacock is really there to serve that brand so expect Peacock will likely remain a small proposition for the time being. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!

@redsky88 

My own thinking on the basis of peacock is that this is stuff only on sky/now tv like sky atlantic

Sky Comedy, sky max, sky witness etc etc are available on other TV providers but for peacock and sky Atlantic, these are exclusive to sky and now so it is an attempt to pull customers to sky by that.

While it probably does not go but it may come a consideration if someone was looking to change and see that they are losing the peacock service or sky Atlantic

Anyway just my opinion. I stand to be corrected

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Not sure when it was added but all seasons are now on Amazon Freevee

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

More content leaving at end of December - have some of expiry dates changed to 30th December?

Girls5eva
The Girl In The Woods
Punky Brewster
Rutherford Falls
Macgruber
Joe Vs Carole
Will and Grace 2017
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

Amongst others

Apart from The Resort , Bel Air , Vampire Academy and A Friend Of The Family  (for now) , A lot of content expires next year aswell.....

Cheers for the warning @Timelord2018 

I've had the second season of girls5eva on my watch list as the first was very good (was cancelled by peacock but I understand picked up by Netflix)

Highly reccomend rutherford falls (also cancelled by peacock). 18 episodes so very bingeable.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.

I really not sure how much future this service has in the UK , neither Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin or The Calling are on it yet are on Peacock on  Sky Showtime in European Countries , the content they own should just be on their own channels like Universal Pictures/Dreamworks movie premieres and other NBCU content is.

Yes, with some of the the comedy sitcoms going direct to peacock, I feel it left sky comedy schedule feeling a but bereft of new series out while also not being properly advertised as being available.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.

Even with downloading episodes of girls5eva,  the expiry date is only changed from 30th December to 31st December 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

Given the lack of any real expansion or deepening of the service since my last comment does make me think they'd be better to just take the European version behind the woodshed, kill the brand and just move the originals (and the more valuable catalogue) over to the existing Sky portfolio.

Peacock in the US now finally seems to be building up some steam and finding some USPs for that market so does make me think they should really keep building it as a strong domestic brand and just focus on keep bulking up Sky with the likes of Bel Air and the Ted prequel... 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!

In the UK people are more likely to think of a Bird or think its related to the clothing shop Peacocks.....no brand awareness.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion