Discussion topic: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

This message was authored by annabelindorset This message was authored by: annabelindorset

bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

on my normal SKY TV menu, I can't access BBC iplayer. 

it shows a screen of woman settling down to watch bbc iplayer, saying 'It's quick & easy to sign in', Err , no it's not!

I enter bbc.com/account/tv as instructed but it doesn;t ask me for the code - just login and password for my bbc ipayer account.  When I enter that, I'm just in iplayer. 

What am i doing wrong and why are these instructions so rubbish?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Luke-N1193 This message was authored by: Luke-N1193

Re: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

@annabelindorset  Hi, this sounds like a bit of a strange one. I've just been through the process myself for a reminder and as soon as I signed in on the BBC page it directs you to, I was asked for a code. When you are doing it do you leave the iPlayer page that shows the code open on the tv while you open the webpage?

If this reply helped, please consider marking is it an answer.

Stay safe!
annabelindorset
Topic Author
This message was authored by annabelindorset This message was authored by: annabelindorset

no thats on  my mobile, and then tried it on pc. 

how can i do it via the TV? that's where it asked me for the code when i went to iplayer?

sorry, i;m not good with technology 😞

This message was authored by Luke-N1193 This message was authored by: Luke-N1193

@annabelindorset  As far as I know you can't do it with just the tv unfortunately, you need another device in order to link the account?

Presuming you already have a BBC account, sign in to the BBC website on a device such as your mobile or PC, open up the iPlayer app on the TV and after pressing sign in it should show you a code. When you get to this part go to bbc.com/account/tv and enter the code from the TV. Doing this should automatically bring up the iPlayer on the TV.

If this reply helped, please consider marking is it an answer.

Stay safe!
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

i have the same prob.  its hurting me i am going round and round the internet can find where to put this bloody code or any help....

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This forum is for Sky apps and the like on tablets, PCs and phone so on what device is this happening on @Anonymous  ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by bigbigbigbigbig This message was authored by: bigbigbigbigbig

I have the same problem as annabelin dorset.

on my normal SKY TV menu, I can't access BBC iplayer. 

it shows a screen of woman settling down to watch bbc iplayer, saying 'It's quick & easy to sign in', Err , no it's not!

I enter bbc.com/account/tv as instructed but it doesn;t ask me for the code - just login and password for my bbc ipayer account.  When I enter that, I'm just in iplayer. 

What am i doing wrong and why are these instructions so rubbish?

Please tell me how you resolve your problem Annabel....

This message was authored by kookie This message was authored by: kookie

Hi,

I had the same problem. So instead, I logged in as a guest, i chose the option which says i have no access to a computer or mobile device. It then gives you a 0800 tel no which is free for landlines and mobiles. There is a recorded message which the gives you a pin, you enter the pin on the keypad shown on your screen and then you're in.

That I think is the solution for now, as the problem may be a technical glitch in their system.

Happy Viewing. I'm looking forward to watching Arsenal beat Chelsea 🙂 COYG

This message was authored by itsme128 This message was authored by: itsme128

This happened to me also.  I had an account and was able to access on TV but then suddenly that access disappeared and I got the message on the tv stating 'add this code to your PC', nice and easy ... but when I logged on to my PC and then phone, I did not get the 'add code' screen, or even 'change user' screen.  Very frustrating.  I contacted them, and they just told me the usual way to do it.  Clearly did not read that I don't get the 'add code' screen, so even more frustrating.

This message was authored by scottish+brian This message was authored by: scottish+brian

i had this problem but resolved it simply by using a different web browser. When i entered the web address into firefox it worked straight away.

This message was authored by valmillie This message was authored by: valmillie

The subject is the whole matter.

How or where do i enter the code?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@valmillie wrote:

The subject is the whole matter.

How or where do i enter the code?

Have you looked at the other posts in this thread?

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

https://account.bbc.com/account/tv

I have just tested it and it worked for me. First you sign in to your BBC account then it asks for the code shown on the TV.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

thank you to all ....its sorted now i followed info on tv with pc ..... no work.    so angry because every thing says its just need phone or pc etc just two things needed. so i used my phone open ed bbc iplayer put the tv code in and it worked...so all the time i thougth it two devices tv or pc etc. but worked when i used a third my phone....all good now thanks

This message was authored by danielconnolly This message was authored by: danielconnolly

https://account.bbc.com/account/tv.  Good luch xenox81

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion