Discussion topic: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Beckman+14 This message was authored by: Beckman+14

Re: bbc iplayer gives me a code to enter - how do i enter it?

Did you sign in using laptop or PC? It worked for me, other than that not sure what else to suggest.

This message was authored by Steve+McClements This message was authored by: Steve+McClements

This drove my parents mad. I tried, drove me mad too. Nowhere at all was there an option to enter the code. Then..... I used a different Web broswer. I used Google Chrome and it came up straight away.  Why it wouldn't work on the other Web browser, I just don't know. Google Chrome bang bang, done within seconds!! Hope that helps. 

This message was authored by Green+tea This message was authored by: Green+tea

hi Ihave been trying to put code in for i player wont let me been at it for hours

This message was authored by janlou This message was authored by: janlou

I had same issue , after a lot of messing about I realised I had to FIRST create an ac count after

I had same issues. After a lot of messing about I realised you have to FIRST create a bbc i player account, once you have done this and confirmed your email address, you will be able to enter code 

This message was authored by Ken+100 This message was authored by: Ken+100

I had the same problem, no code came up. Then I signed out of the account and when I went back to sign in I typed my email then password manually instead of using the easy way of signing in by saved information. I don't think the BBC account recognises saved user and password information. This is something to take note of when using other varies website accounts. Type your details in maually. 

This message was authored by Thrybergh6 This message was authored by: Thrybergh6

These instructions are complete **bleep**!! Where the hell do you access the page to put the code in? Why should we have to sign in again & again. Once signed in that should be the end of it. Total rubbish!  

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Thrybergh6 wrote:

These instructions are complete **bleep**!! Where the hell do you access the page to put the code in? Why should we have to sign in again & again. Once signed in that should be the end of it. Total rubbish!  

Read the replies already given here? It's straightforward.

This message was authored by maddened This message was authored by: maddened

There is no code displayed,so I can't enter it.

This message was authored by maddened This message was authored by: maddened

No code appears

This message was authored by lesleyandloll This message was authored by: lesleyandloll

you need to go to pair your tv with your account ,and enter the code there

This message was authored by Discoverer This message was authored by: Discoverer

Yesterday, after using iPlayer for months with no problems, I tried to use iPlayer and was asked to sign-in and enter a code shown on screen.

I attempted to sign-in, using the email address and password that I first registered with BBC months ago but there was nowhere to enter the code.

Following instructions I went onto my laptop and tried to sign-in using that. After again using registered email and password there was still no where to enter code. I tried again and again, until code 'ran-out'.

In desperation I tried again, getting a new on- screen code - same thing happened when I tried to sign in; so I tried changing my password, using link supplied in a BBC email and signing-in using new password - same thing happened.

Even more desperate and frustrated, I changed my password again, again using link supplied in another BBC email and tried signing-in - this time I got a message that my "Account was locked".

Now what do I do?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It sounds like you will need to contact the BBC about this @Discoverer 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

The BBC have recently acknowledged sign in problems on thei iPalyer help pages;
How do I sign in to BBC iPlayer on my TV? | iPlayer help

We’re aware of some reports from viewers stating they have nowhere to enter the code. This is currently under investigation.
If this affects you then go to the following address on your mobile/tablet/computer as an alternative: account.bbc.com/account/tv

For locked BBC accounts , read the help articles here;
You will only be locked out for 30 minutes or so
I’m having problems with my password - Using the BBC

Why have I been locked out of my account? - Using the BBC

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Discoverer This message was authored by: Discoverer

Thank you @lettice for your reply.

I was aware of the problems that BBC were experiencing ..... but I was not aware that 'lock-out' only lasted for 30 mins, having not seen this anywhere.

I followed your last link and followed the advice on the page opened.

I had to change my password yet again but after doing that, waiting 30 mins and then getting another code from iPlayer and signing in, using new password, was able to log-onto/log into and use iPlayer.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion