Discussion topic: Whos looking forward to Finale?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Whos looking forward to Finale?

Whos getting excited for the last episode?

Who's sad it's the last one?

I wonder if it will be left on a cliffhanger. I'm hoping for lots of dragon action in this last episode and maybe a significant death.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

Re: Whos looking forward to Finale?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

For me disappointing episode to end a season. Clearly they are setting up season 3 to be full of the epic battles that I think most fans were expecting to see more of in season 2. 

Personally I've been a bit disappointed in season 2. Some of the episodes have been good but thinking about season 1, that ended with the idea that season 2 would be this massive war with battles which hasn't really transpired which most of it being very heavily dialogue based.

I have to agree

What GoT did so well was the combination of political machinations (helped in no small part by a mostly superb cast), in-your-face shocking medieval brutality and the undercurrent of supernatural forces. Once the dragons and white walkers became "real" it kind of lost its impact. There were still some great moments but the sense of curiosity and anticipation was gone and they started to rush from one set piece to the next.

in HoD they've overdone the dialog (and it's not quite as well written or acted) and maybe for budget reasons underdone the action. They've also reined in the adult stuff which was probably wise and maybe in response to comments iirc about Emilia feeling exploited but it gave GoT a unique hallmark and sense of gritty reality. The romance stuff in HoD, apart from possibly Aemond's relationship with Sylvi, feels absolutely unconvincing by comparison.

It ends up feeling stretched thin in the same way the last 3 seasons of GoT felt rushed.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Yes excited, will enjoy it tomorrow.

Probably watch it over breakfast and then again late evening.

From watching the trailer there looks to be loads of dragon action 😀

I'm sure it will setup something for series 3.

A battle, so must be some kind of casualty, maybe for a main character.

Not sure what town that was in fire, it sure was not Kings Landing...

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Cracking finale episode.

Loved it.

Enjoy!

- - - - - - - -
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Topic Author

Yes agree. Great ending, no disappointment from me but now how long do we wait for series 3. 🤔

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

I was expecting more dragons 😄 but it's true I would be happy with only dragons on the show 😆

Fanni

Community ModeratorTeam Black

Topic Author

I'm with you there you can't have too many dragons. Although I really enjoyed this episode it wss a lot more wordy with less action than expected for last of the series. Won't say more don't wat to spoil for others. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

For me disappointing episode to end a season. Clearly they are setting up season 3 to be full of the epic battles that I think most fans were expecting to see more of in season 2. 

Personally I've been a bit disappointed in season 2. Some of the episodes have been good but thinking about season 1, that ended with the idea that season 2 would be this massive war with battles which hasn't really transpired which most of it being very heavily dialogue based.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Although I really enjoyed this episode it wss a lot more wordy with less action than expected for last of the series.

Yes, that is the major premise of House of the Dragon.

Also, for what was shown in this episode creates a poser for what is to come in Season 3.

The producers I think know that House of the Dragon is never going to be as great as Game of Thrones, as so much of the future is known and there  is not so much the spread of characters or backstories in the whole story.

The dragons have helped the series. But, do think they really could have done a lot more with them. Not sure if it's just a cgi financial thing that stops them.

Will put in spoiler tag text next part for those not seen yet;

Spoiler

Words rather than direct war has been the theme since beginning of Season1.

With the shown in dreams and predictions factor of Winter is coming, that a few characters have witnessed, a direct war is not really what they want in their hearts.

But, it's always going to be there in some form and will be inevitable from the many parties involved and many houses across Westeros with history and alliances.

The Books, that the TV series has drifted from, more in Season 2, played on the same.

- - - - - - - -
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley Answer

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

I have to agree

What GoT did so well was the combination of political machinations (helped in no small part by a mostly superb cast), in-your-face shocking medieval brutality and the undercurrent of supernatural forces. Once the dragons and white walkers became "real" it kind of lost its impact. There were still some great moments but the sense of curiosity and anticipation was gone and they started to rush from one set piece to the next.

in HoD they've overdone the dialog (and it's not quite as well written or acted) and maybe for budget reasons underdone the action. They've also reined in the adult stuff which was probably wise and maybe in response to comments iirc about Emilia feeling exploited but it gave GoT a unique hallmark and sense of gritty reality. The romance stuff in HoD, apart from possibly Aemond's relationship with Sylvi, feels absolutely unconvincing by comparison.

It ends up feeling stretched thin in the same way the last 3 seasons of GoT felt rushed.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Waited a few days to reflect before posting, but it was disappointing for me as well.

Think @Chodley sums up my thoughts quite nicely. I found it all a bit "meh" to be honest. 

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Hopefully with the news that the are finishing with Season 4, it allows the writers to properly plan out the rest of the storylines across Seasons 3 and 4 so hopefully the next seasons won't feel as slow.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Topic Author

I disagree, the white walkerscwere what brought the houses togetether apart ftom Cercei being devious of course. I loved the last 3 rpisodes of game of thrones and I can wstch the last episode time and time again and cry when Jon finally meets up with ghost

It is true the characters in house of the dragon are not lovable or will even be remembered in a few years apart from Matt Smith whinI think was brilliant. 

This message was authored by Tanyavt This message was authored by: Tanyavt

So exciting! 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Anonymous wrote:

I disagree, the white walkerscwere what brought the houses togetether apart ftom Cercei being devious of course. I loved the last 3 rpisodes of game of thrones and I can wstch the last episode time and time again and cry when Jon finally meets up with ghost

It is true the characters in house of the dragon are not lovable or will even be remembered in a few years apart from Matt Smith whinI think was brilliant. 

What do you disagree with? If you don't hit the quote button it's not possible on here to tell who you are replying to.

This message was authored by Mimi-72 This message was authored by: Mimi-72

Fantastic action packed last episode. 

Cant wait for series 3 now! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion