Discussion topic: When will sky football April's fixtures be released

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: When will sky football April's fixtures be released

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DTRROD wrote:

Thanks. So, when approximately do you think matches for the weekend of 20 April will be confirmed? 5 weeks before? I live in Ireland and want to book flights for the Everton v Forest game

Well it is meant to be around 5 weeks before as per the PL's own guidelines but I think recently it's been closer to 4 weeks.

it really is annoying for match day fans who are always though about last when it comes to this unfortunately.

i suspect this a bit more complicated this time of the season as well with European games and FA cup matches thrown into the mix and thus fixtures being rescheduled and moved quite late with not much notice.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@DTRROD wrote:

Thanks. So, when approximately do you think matches for the weekend of 20 April will be confirmed? 5 weeks before? I live in Ireland and want to book flights for the Everton v Forest game

The fa Cup semi final is on the weekend of 20th April, the quarter final is only next weekend so I think they'd want a clearer picture of who is on league duty then and who is still in the cup.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by SamuelJ__ This message was authored by: SamuelJ__

Anyone know when they will release dates for games from weekend of 20th April that are now postponed? I have a package for Man United v Newcastle but now need to arrange the time off work.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@SamuelJ__ 

That'll be down to the Premier League and nothing to do with Sky really. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Sean333 wrote:

When will sky football April's fixtures be released

I suspect it will end up being quite late in the day. They still haven't figured out what they are doing on the weekend of the 13th/14th April and that is less than 4 weeks away.

Currently the Arsenal vs Aston Villa game is still being shown as 5:30 Sky Sports games on 13th April however it can't be played on the Saturday and has to be moved to the 14th because of Villa playing in Europe on 11th April. The problem they currently have is that Sky already have 2 games being shown on the Sunday, so they either need to switch the Bournemouth vs Man U game with the Arsenal vs Aston Villa game, or try to figure out if they can play the Arsenal - Villa game at 12pm on the Sunday and have a triple header of football.

Unfortunately at this late stage of the season, games are quite prone to being moved at fairly late notice ( to the detriment of match going fans), due to the scheduling issues with FA Cup, European Cups and the PL.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

No one knows and it is up to the premier league.

They have 12 fixtures in need of new dates

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3774835

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@SamuelJ__ wrote:

Anyone know when they will release dates for games from weekend of 20th April that are now postponed? I have a package for Man United v Newcastle but now need to arrange the time off work.

@SamuelJ__  see this update from the premier league release today 

the rearrangement of the above fixture will be announced in due course 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3936499

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion