Discussion topic: Trouble activating discovery plus

This message was authored by Mark8344 This message was authored by: Mark8344

Trouble activating discovery plus

I've been trying to activate my discovery plus, even followed the link sent by SMS but all I'm getting is " Sorry we can't do that right now please try again later ". 
Anyone having the same problem. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai Answer

Re: Trouble activating discovery plus

@Mark8344 wrote:

I've been trying to activate my discovery plus, even followed the link sent by SMS but all I'm getting is " Sorry we can't do that right now please try again later ". 

You will need to activate Sky via Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q via this link first:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

After you set up your Discovery+ on Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q,  you can sign into Discovery+ on Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q and also on the likes of your laptop, phone and/or app. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai Answer

@Mark8344 wrote:

You will need to activate Sky via Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q via this link first:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus

After you set up your Discovery+ on Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q,  you can sign into Discovery+ on Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q and also on the likes of your laptop, phone and/or app. 

This message was authored by John_X This message was authored by: John_X

The original answer is not helpful as the message the poster gives comes after activating on the sky Q box.

I have been having exactly the same problem but now the problem has moved on to "You need a Discovery+ subscription to do this" and that on the page linked from the QR code on the screen that says "Good news, you have a discovery+ subscription".

It doesn't help that trying to take this up with sky just gets the run-around from the "AI" bot

This message was authored by Alisonjones61Sw This message was authored by: Alisonjones61Sw

Can I talk to someone plz I'm desperate 

This message was authored by Alisonjones61Sw This message was authored by: Alisonjones61Sw

Please I need to talk to someone from sky team plz it's important to me to talk one to one 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alisonjones61Sw wrote:

Please I need to talk to someone from sky team plz it's important to me to talk one to one 

Use the following link for contacting Sky: CONTACT

A phone number is given on a link on the page linked to below (click on the "Need more help?" drop down):

There is also Sky's How can we help? page
(make sure the correct country is selected at the bottom of the page)
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion