Discussion topic: T20 cricket world cup

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

T20 cricket world cup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not sure if anyone else recorded/watched last night's opening game in the world cup but have a few questions :

• I recorded in UHD from the hidden menu but it only recorded the first half (probably because there is no series link available for UHD). Anyone else get this ?
  •  
  • To be honest, I don't think the broadcast was UHD, but HD. Anyone else notice this. If this is the case, it makes it easier in that I'll just record in HD on cricket channel  404 which accepts series link.
....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

All Replies

This message was authored by Dapple+shade This message was authored by: Dapple+shade

Re: T20 cricket world cup

Yes I noticed that for some reason the cricket matches from Aussie  in the t20I are split into two programmes. I have hd. I noticed it when programming for Qbox to record it. Glad I noticed otherwise id've missed the 2nd half. 

Doc5907
Topic Author

@Dapple+shade wrote:

Yes I noticed that for some reason the cricket matches from Aussie  in the t20I are split into two programmes. I have hd. I noticed it when programming for Qbox to record it. Glad I noticed otherwise id've missed the 2nd half. 

@Dapple+shade  if you series record the HD version, it should pick up all the separate programmes, at least it did for me. 

Terrible performance by England BTW 😒

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Dapple+shade This message was authored by: Dapple+shade

Yes I know that and I have always done that. But it seems weird why they would split the match in two. Weird.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

If it's only affecting the early start games (before 6am) it's because the epg has it's own 24 hour clock which runs from 6am one morning to 6am the next 

So the game is split over the end of one 24 hour period and the start start of another and therefore the epg can't record the game as one 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

Is it really native UHD HDR, or is it upscaled UHD and upgraded HDR?

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
Doc5907
Topic Author

@trevforum wrote:

Is it really native UHD HDR, or is it upscaled UHD and upgraded HDR?

Definitely upscaled !

Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion