Discussion topic: Sports Commentaries

This message was authored by Allrowlv This message was authored by: Allrowlv

Sports Commentaries

I find the inane chat by commentators  so annoying. Added to this is their very poor pronunciation  skills with the letter T ignored completely. Do we have to have a minimum of two so that they can spend most of the time talking to each other?

I now watch the events with the sound off.

Unfortunately this also removes the atmosphere but rather that than putting up with the alternative..

Is there any way that the commentators chat can be switched off and the background crowd  noises etc retained?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sports Commentaries

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Allrowlv wrote:

Is there any way that the commentators chat can be switched off and the background crowd  noises etc retained?

Technically, yes, at source, but the broadcaster would have to specifically offer that option.  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Allrowlv 

Was also recently discussed here

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Turning-off-commentators-on-all-Premier-League-matches/td-p/4... 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by P-d-B This message was authored by: P-d-B

TV commentators seem to be there to boost their own egos, they provide little or no useful presence.

(removed)

Mute Commentator.jpg

Moderator note: Removed campaigning.

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

It would be nice. The ambient sound setting in discovery plus is that app's biggest asset.

There was a recent outage during tennis where the feed screen came up. That displayed the audio available and there was a "clean" feed so it's certainly something available to broadcasters if they were inclined.

A shame though mostly now it's about talking as much as possible and in some cases showcasing commentators and pundits at the expense of the actual events.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion