Discussion topic: Turning off commentators on all Premier League matches.

This message was authored by Harry+Muffer This message was authored by: Harry+Muffer

Turning off commentators on all Premier League matches.

I for one find the commentators on sky coverage of the EPL very full of themselves, very self opinionated and frankly really annoying. Would love the option to turn then off and just have the stadium crowd in full voice, mo more in my day Blah Blah Blah.

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Turning off commentators on all Premier League matches.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To get that feature you'd have to go to the stadium in person to watch the game

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Or you the mute button on your remote.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@caesarome wrote:

Or you the mute button on your remote.

Though that also mutes the crowd noise what the OP wanted 😉

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

With a 5.1 (or more) audio system you can just mute the centre channel and have the stadium audio still active.

@Harry+Muffer wrote:

I for one find the commentators on sky coverage of the EPL very full of themselves, very self opinionated and frankly really annoying. Would love the option to turn then off and just have the stadium crowd in full voice, mo more in my day Blah Blah Blah.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by smurph69 This message was authored by: smurph69

Bare in mind in the early days of digital satellite TV, there was an option to not have commentary, this was usually behind the red button, but it doesn't look like they have that feature now, so you'll have to settle with what the commentators and the occational pundits (i.e. Jamie Rednapp) behind the microphones are saying. The red button is now only brings you Ultra HD with HDR (if you subscribe to Ultra HD), recap of the game so far or (on some occation) any other games playing at the same time (both of those require an internet connection on Sky Q).

This message was authored by jamesrobinson6 This message was authored by: jamesrobinson6

All they need to do is add an additional audio track to the sports channels. Give the soundtrack a language name. Then to get that set preferred language to that language.

That is the only way you could do it. 

Simple.

This message was authored by Kennyboy This message was authored by: Kennyboy

Responding to an oldish post, the option should be a bottom for commentators talk or stadium atmosphere. Some commentators are biased and give negative argumentative commentary, which is annoying and confrontational, i will mute the tv as I am sick of shouting at commentators comments.

This message was authored by Kennyboy This message was authored by: Kennyboy

Speech predict should be button not bottom

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Definitely something I would like to see (or hear). With the simulcasting of most games on main event too it would seem easier but I guess spending so much on commentators, they don't want us to be able to avoid.

The ambient sound feature is a mainstay on the discovery plus app so it's not an unheard of feature either.

This message was authored by mike2million This message was authored by: mike2million

Please bring in the option to only have crowd sound without voice commentary

This message was authored by mike2million This message was authored by: mike2million

During the Covid epidemic there was a crowd sound only option available, why not now?

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@mike2million wrote:

During the Covid epidemic there was a crowd sound only option available, why not now?

You are only talking to other customers 

You should email it to viewer relations at viewerR@sky.uk 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Eamcon321 This message was authored by: Eamcon321

@Harry+Muffer 

Could not agree more. Why do we need two commentators to tell us all about what we are watching? The hysterical tone and verbal diarrhea  we endure is brutal. I watched England win the World Cup in 1966 and know a good commentator when I hear one. I long for the day I do not have to hit the mute button and just listen to the crowd.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I'm pretty sure that the reason there isn't a "crowd noise" only option on football is that in most cases they would need to mute it completely due to swearing and bad language that would otherwise be heard on the broadcast from the fans.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion