Discussion topic: Sky cinema codes not reducing costs on vue website

This message was authored by urz2006 This message was authored by: urz2006

Sky cinema codes not reducing costs on vue website

Hi all

Has anyone had issues using the cinema codes on Vue website. Have 2 codes, both show valid until end November and show up fine on Vue voucher checker. When i enter the codes having selected seats it comes up showing 1 x sky with each voucher code, but price doesn't reduce from  normal charge. Yes I'm trying a Sunday booking, not Friday or Saturday.

Tried going through to next screen for payment, and still doesn't take money off....I'd have to enter card details.

Has anyone had similar and been able to resolve? Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Sky cinema codes not reducing costs on vue website

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What film are you trying to book?

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
urz2006
Topic Author

Paw patrol...don't judge ha ha!

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@urz2006 wrote:

Paw patrol...don't judge ha ha!

Unfortunately I was looking previously at the terms & conditionsand there are some restrictions on type of film

• Voucher codes are not valid for Event Cinema Screenings (which include live, encore and recorded screenings of Anime, Comedy, Dance (including ballet), Events, Family Animation, Film Festivals, Foreign Language Films, Innovation (such as lectures/talks), Knowledge (such as documentaries), Limited Releases, (Music, Opera, Re-Releases, Special Previews, Sport, Theatre and TV); Premieres; Special Events; Mini Mornings; Mother and Baby screenings; Last Chance to See; Our Screen; Senior Screenings; Movie Marathons (multiple films for one price); Scene Screens, Screening on Friday and Saturday.

It is bad that they exclude family animation from it

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
urz2006
Topic Author

Wow. Actual wow. Thanks for the spot, that is crazy though....not like we were trying to use it for the Eras screening or a special event....surely half the films get excluded on that basis? As a family then that's us knackered for using this offer...VIP my backside! Thanks for this info

This message was authored by Wormwolf This message was authored by: Wormwolf

Apologies for the late reply on this, I've found the codes to be very temperamental on full reclining seat screens, I've just (successfully) booked for The Marvels tomorrow after trying for 40 minutes. When I changed from the super saver to the most expensive seats the vouchers kicked in and took the cost down to zero.  Weird.

This message was authored by guardian1128 This message was authored by: guardian1128

As wormwolf just said, moving the booking to a different section seems to work, I tried booking the Marvels for tomorrow ( Sunday 26th ) in the supersaver seats but was charged full price still, after reading this advice I tried again ane moved a row back to the more expensive seats and they worked straight away, happy days....  😀

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion