Discussion topic: Sky Mobile Advert is excessive

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Steve44030 This message was authored by: Steve44030

Re: Sky Mobile Advert is excessive

Couldn't agree more. I am sick to the back teeth of this Sky Mobile advert with Lily James and the Beach Boys tune. It is on every single ad break and it needs to stop now. It infuriates me that I have to put up with this hounding me if I want to watch live sport. There needs to be a limit of how many times adverts can be shown and frankly I will never ever consider buying sky mobile purely on the grounds of this advert. Stop ramming it down out throats for the love of god!!!! Wouldn't it be nice.....if you just STOPPED!!

This message was authored by Boz1972 This message was authored by: Boz1972

I've stopped watching This Morning so I don't have a melt down and smash my TV to bits. Lol 😆 👍

This message was authored by Karenada This message was authored by: Karenada

Like all the other commenters I am so sick of the sky mobile ads, the music and especially Lily James. Get someone else! Given the unsavoury press she has had over recent months she isn't someone who will entice me to get a sky mobile contract . Quite the opposite!

This message was authored by Durins+Bane This message was authored by: Durins+Bane

I agree 100%. Also when I watch anything on Sky Comedy,  I get a Sky Bet avert with Jeff Stelling bleating on about Sky Bet doing comedy. This is infuriating and thoroughly ruins my viewing customer experience. At least the streaming sites have no continuous annoying Jeff Stelling puns nor Beach Boys songs. I used to love Jeff on soccer Saturday but now my customer experience has been ruined. 

This message was authored by Boz1972 This message was authored by: Boz1972

I have been so narked at sky this last year, so much so that I've migrated all but mobile to virgin media. 😆

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All ads are excessive.  I don't watch 'em.

This message was authored by Paul19801 This message was authored by: Paul19801

Please stop the beach boys advert... seriously considering cancelling sky at this rate!!!!!!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Paul19801 Seriously overreacting if an advert if making you think of cancelling. Other TV providers have adverts and Sky adverts are likely to be shown on other formats as well. Just mute the TV for the duration.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Spoiler
Mute literally every 10 mins? Nope not doing that lol
It's not the only reason for the cancellation but it doesn't make me want to stay put it this way. Seriously the most annoying advert ever and I'm not the only one who thinks that. @Daniel0210
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Paul19801 For me it's the Nationwide Building Society poem ads, but I won't lose sleep over them. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Paul19801

Still watching TV the old fashioned way? Move into the 2020s and download shows, then you won't have to watch ads, you can fast forward them. 

Exactly what I'm planning on doing:)

This message was authored by Richard+Vinyl This message was authored by: Richard+Vinyl

Completely agree we give sky a lot of cash and still get endless adverts. Worse still are the adverts added to small sports clips. The clip may be 30 seconds long, the adverts last longer. So many times I fall into same pointless hope that this time I might manor get a 30 second advert. I just end up turning off the video clip.

Im sure it's gotten worse over last 12 months.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I completely agree about this advert,I am sick to death of that repetitive whining dirge of the Beach Boys 'wouldn't it be nice'.

What would be nice is a change of song,or better still,no song at all! It's fine to say 'mute the sound or 'skip the advert' but why should we?

Please Sky,do something about that advert being constantly thrust in our ears several times every hour! It's driving me insane with anger!!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Anonymous wrote:

It's fine to say 'mute the sound or 'skip the advert' but why should we?

Because you want to avoid the ad? 

Ads are an avoidable evil. From an advertiser's perspective, the ad is effective, because you remember it. Job done.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion