Discussion topic: Sky Mobile Advert is excessive

This message was authored by joshyboi96 This message was authored by: joshyboi96

Sky Mobile Advert is excessive

Hi guys,

This is a very random post but it I've never had an ad bug me so much in my life.

If i watch any of the Sky channels the stupid ad plays 3 times on every break. Every. Single. Break.

The song is the same song over and over and over again. 

I don't mind ads, why would I pay for Sky TV if i didn't, but to have the same one 3 times on every break? Come on, give us a break seriously. It honestly is discouraged me from watching any Sky channels at the moment as I can't stand the same crap song 15/18 times over within 1 hour. Does that not sound ridiculious?

I have no idea where to feed this back to, so I would appriciate it if someone could feed this back into the marketing team to hopefullly give everyones heads peace eventually. 

Thanks!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Sky Mobile Advert is excessive

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @joshyboi96 and welcome to the Sky forums, i understand your frustration and share your pain, i also spend a lot of time with the tv on and some companies certainly do spend a lot of money on tv marketing and Sky are one of them. I have found the best way to avoid any adverts is to pause during live playback whenever i leave the room to go outside or anywhere else, then if i notice any annoying adverts come on i fast forward until the ad break ends. I will certainly feed back your opinions to the marketing team although i'm not sure what influence it will have on Sky's marketing strategy!

Thanks for your feedback, and lets hope we can all get out a little more once things get back to normality lol!

Stay safe

This message was authored by stevehb This message was authored by: stevehb

I am with you Josh these sky mobile adverts drive me crazy, just shows how much money is involved if sky can push this so hard, for me the mute button works just fine, as soon as the ads come on so does the mute button, so sky really are doing a dis-service to the other advertisers as i dont listen to any of them, my attention is usually elsewhere when the ads are on as well so i dont see them either.

This message was authored by ThirteenCats This message was authored by: ThirteenCats

Totally agree, sick of the Beach Boys and the same bit of the same song multiple times every ad break if we forget to mute it.

It's like a form of torture, I fail to see how it would persuade anyone to take out a Sky Mobile contract (unless they promised it would make it stop!)

This message was authored by GerThom This message was authored by: GerThom

Wouldn't it be nice.....if they put a sock in it.

This message was authored by peterm50 This message was authored by: peterm50

I watch a lot of live CRICKET on Sky and THIS WRETCHED ADVERT is driving me insane ---- I have to keep the remote very close to me just to mute and look away. It has been on at least TEN TIMES already today. 

Sky need to fire the advertising agency involved here.

Try to sell the product to me --- not a knackered out nasaly drone from a has been American band.

They have competition now from CURRY/PC WORLD with some young woman with thick glasses and weird accent. 

Comes on in every break on Sky cricket and is another prompt mute job.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@peterm50 wrote:

They have competition now from CURRY/PC WORLD with some young woman with thick glasses and weird accent. 

It is called a Scottish accent. These adverts don't bother me because if it isn't these then it would be something else and if they bother you that much then either mute or channel surf when they are on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nannyuber This message was authored by: nannyuber

I used to love this song when I was  14 as the full lyrics are about wishing you were old enough to be married, spend the night together etc.  Totally inappropriate for a Sky advert.  The advert has played three times while I have been typing this and is putting me off watching anything on Sky.

This message was authored by Melons20 This message was authored by: Melons20

Omg seriously my ears bleed every time I hear it 

This message was authored by Mattie1979 This message was authored by: Mattie1979

The Sky Mobile Phone advert that is shown a hell of a lot more than the one with the Beach Boys song is the one with the song "I Just Called To Say Hello" I hit the mute button as soon as that advert comes on.

This message was authored by ThirteenCats This message was authored by: ThirteenCats

Tell me about it - they have somehow managed to replace the most annoying advert song ever with an even MORE annoying song.

Hello? Bye bye! 

Seriously this is torture! Can't wait til my contract is up, I'm switching back to Virgin (I know I'll still get that adverts but at least I won't be paying for them! )

I've already had to stop watching the channels that had the Beach Boys one as the sponsorship thing 3 times every ad break. 

This message was authored by Mattie1979 This message was authored by: Mattie1979

I don't think I can change to Virgin because I live in a block of flats and there's a communal Sky Dish

This message was authored by Furraz This message was authored by: Furraz

I couldn't agree more  . Its highly irritating and ro be honest the more its in my face the less interested I am .  The Christmas package advert is easily the worst 

This message was authored by Boz1972 This message was authored by: Boz1972

And do sky realise that This Morning on daytime TV playing this 'wouldn't it be nice if we were older and we wouldn't have to wait so long' is about teens gagging for sex and frustrated they aren't old enough? Quite inappropriate if you ask me. Repetitive to the point that I now hate the beach boys. 🤣

This message was authored by Adam+Sax This message was authored by: Adam+Sax

Hi all,

Yes, I totally agree.  Comforting to know that Im not the only one who finds this extremely irritating.

It really is far too much. Surpised Sky Mobile themselves haven't realised that it's actually turning people off and not making us go out and buy their product. 

3 times it's been on just typing this. Arghh!!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion