Discussion topic: Rewind TV

This message was authored by profyork This message was authored by: profyork

Re: Rewind TV

thank you for that, i take on board what you say ,the original blurb i read about the new channel called it 'Sky Rewind' so i took it to mean that it was a direct new channel from Sky, i.e Sky Sports etc .

I did not read any further publicity, just tuned in on the night, so- i am sure you are correct and it is not skys fault.

Hovever my original premise that the producers of the channel have made a mistake does still stand, they will have lost a large part of their captive audience at a stroke, talking pictures - a comparable channel, increased viewing figures dramatically when they introduced subtitles on their programmes ,lets hope rewind wise up and do the same .

thanks for pointing out my mistake

This message was authored by Alanbottles This message was authored by: Alanbottles

Re: Rewind TV subtitles

Totally disagree,can have no sub titles on sky tv downstairs,go to free view TV in spare bedroom,watch same channel and there will be subtitles,have proved this on numerous occasions sky has a problem somewhere....

This message was authored by profyork This message was authored by: profyork

Are you saying that you actually saw rewind with subtitles on freeview  ?

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@profyork wrote:

Are you saying that you actually saw rewind with subtitles on freeview  ?

That's not possible, given that Rewind is only available on Sky at the moment - it's not on Freesat or Freeview.

This message was authored by Alanbottles This message was authored by: Alanbottles

I mean , had the same problem for months,subtitles will stop on lets say channel 4 half way through a show,I go up stairs turn on free view select same channel and puff the subtitles are on..go back down stairs on sky ,have to reboot it to get subtitles back...even the experts engineer could not explain, sky getting worse and more expensive..might not be an issue to you but imagine being deaf...

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: Rewind TV subtitles

@Alanbottles wrote:

Totally disagree,can have no sub titles on sky tv downstairs,go to free view TV in spare bedroom,watch same channel and there will be subtitles,have proved this on numerous occasions sky has a problem somewhere....

Can you give some examples of which channels have subtitles on Freeview but not Sky? Then i'm sure one of the SuperUsers can escalate the problem for investigation. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@profyork wrote:

Hovever my original premise that the producers of the channel have made a mistake does still stand, they will have lost a large part of their captive audience at a stroke, talking pictures - a comparable channel, increased viewing figures dramatically when they introduced subtitles on their programmes ,lets hope rewind wise up and do the same .

Ofcom has requirements for subtitles, although these are less strict for non-PSB channels and for those with low audiences.

I'd think in this case their absence is either because it's a brand new broadcast service, or ironically due to the vintage nature of the content.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Alanbottles  Again though that not a Sky channel, Channel 4 live & on demand content is output by Red Bee so may well be the issue at their end.

You need to remember that channels on satellite do not mean they are all Sky channels, they are not, of the 100's of channels in the UK only a dozen or so are actually sky own/operated.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

So why like I said,why do the subtitles go off on a sky channel on the Q box, but I can still get them when I go upstairs to the free view tv the subtitles are still showing,but go back downstairs to the sky box,and subtitles are still not on.have to reboot it....this happens to when we are recording,so then its even more of a wind up,as the programs ruined for my wife....proof the channel broadcasting is broadcasting subtitles,but they are failing on sky...winds mind poor wife ,who is deaf up no end..

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Alanbottles wrote:

So why like I said,why do the subtitles go off on a sky channel on the Q box, but I can still get them when I go upstairs to the free view tv the subtitles are still showing,but go back downstairs to the sky box,and subtitles are still not on.have to reboot it....this happens to when we are recording,so then its even more of a wind up,as the programs ruined for my wife....proof the channel broadcasting is broadcasting subtitles,but they are failing on sky...winds mind poor wife ,who is deaf up no end..

hi @Alanbottles 

Freeview (Land based transmission) & Satellite transmission uses different technology & may be fed from different technical sources - even if the programme content is the same 

As @GD1 says C4 is independent of SKY (even if you watch on a SKY box)  - you would find the same behaviour with a Freesat receiver as you would with SKY  

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Alanbottles wrote:

If you're still having this problem, might be better to start a new thread in the Sky Q forum about this, rather than discussing it on a thread about Rewind TV?

Yes true,but the community has never been able to solve before,nor have tech or engineers in the past....

This message was authored by didee This message was authored by: didee

Thanks for replies, no more needed thank you.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Alanbottles wrote:

What specific programmes have this happened with?

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by Srewyou This message was authored by: Srewyou

So basically Sky Stream/Glass is pretty useless? Great! And what happens next year when sky lose their satellite service completely 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion