Discussion topic: Programme i was watching - Fringe just disappeared.

This message was authored by EmmaLucy1 This message was authored by: EmmaLucy1

Programme i was watching - Fringe just disappeared.

I was in the middle of watching season 4 of Fringe and i paued an episode to do something when I returned to the programme the whole series has gone from sky stream. The only episodes available are 3 episodes from season 3. previously all seasons from 1-5 with all episodes were available liturally 10 mins ago. Very frustrating!!!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra Answer

Re: Programme i was watching - Fringe just disappeared.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all,

I am afraid that Fringe is no longer available on Boxsets which is due to the license expired on 30th November 2023.

At this time we have no future date on when this may become available again.

Thank you for your understanding.

Fanni

Community ModeratorTeam Black

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EmmaLucy1 It sound as though it is a software glitch.  You may be able to correct it by a reboot of your system.  Just switch off your Glass or Stream puck at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

Hopefully that will resolve it.  Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Tony43 This message was authored by: Tony43

I was watching Fringe too and it's disappeared from my playlist and isn't found by searching either. Can only assume Sky has pulled it but there was no warning to say it was leaving the service. Very frustrating!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

It's possible skys on demand rights expired at the end of November. It is common to see shows disappearing at the start of a month on other streaming services.

ot would be nice to at least have a "going soon" label on shows, similar to what Amazon do where they have a rail of shows soon leaving the Prime Video service.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Tony43 and @EmmaLucy1 I have just done a search and the programme seems to no longer be available which is very frustrating for you both.  I agree with the post by @MarkGoldsmith.  I had a similar problem with Last Man Standing about a year ago where all the series just disappeared when I was half way through watching them.  Luckily they later appeared on Disney +.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

On NOW TV a departure date appears on tiles, strange the budget service has the feature and premium service does not🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Beccaboo90 This message was authored by: Beccaboo90

I was just watching season 3 episode 13. Just finished and now can't watch the next episode. I did a search and only a few episodes 

@Beccaboo90 yes it can be frustrating but see the posts above and in particular the explanation by @MarkGoldsmith in post 4.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

In all likelihood the show will sooner or later probably appear either back on Sky or on another streaming provider.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

According to JustWatch the lowest price for a season of Fringe is £14.99 on Raluten.

Exiled in HH

It's certainly not worth £15 for 1 season 🙂

NOT a Sky Employee

It costs £19.99 on other stores😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Teresa+o This message was authored by: Teresa+o

Me too I wished I had known this could happen, I wouldn't have had sky glass at least with the old box you could download the programs and they stay on 

This message was authored by Jamie256 This message was authored by: Jamie256

Ahhhh me too. We were part way through season 5 and it's just disappeared with no warning.

Is there a way to get official confirmation from Sky that they no longer have the rights?

I'm probably going to cancel Sky when my current contract expires based on this experience, I'd rather have monthly services with no contract, can use Now TV if Fringe ever comes back to Sky.

@Jamie256  You could try email the Sky Viewer Relations Team and see if they can confirm about the Fringe rights for you. The email is viewerR@sky.uk 

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion