Discussion topic: New Saturday sky sports results show

This message was authored by casjen1 This message was authored by: casjen1

New Saturday sky sports results show

Awful revamp.. To many pundits spread out. Like shouting in a large shed. No intimacy as a distance shot is needed for group shot. And the colours are awful.. The fonts are to feint  and the rolling results red looks horrible.. The tables are to light. There is no definitive border between the sections. It's all just to bright and headache inducing.. Tone down the contrast..... Unwatchable. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: New Saturday sky sports results show

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@casjen1  best to email your thoughts to viewerr@sky.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@casjen1  best to email your thoughts to viewerr@sky.uk

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by IanAug1964 This message was authored by: IanAug1964

Font size for teams and scores on Soccer Saturday

Why have you changed/reduced the font sizes for the teams and scores down the right hand side of the screen. These have reduced making it harder to read. All your viewers aren't 20 somethings with perfect eyesight. Also the goal updates at the bottom of the screen have also changed font, making it harder to read. What can be done to ensure that anyone over the age of 40 can read these updates?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Font size for teams and scores on Soccer Saturday

hi @IanAug1964 

We are primarily just other customers here.

Best to email  viewerR@sky.uk  with your comments

This message was authored by IanAug1964 This message was authored by: IanAug1964

Hi @nigea99

Many thanks for your guidance. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@IanAug1964 wrote:

Why have you changed/reduced the font sizes for the teams and scores down the right hand side of the screen. These have reduced making it harder to read. All your viewers aren't 20 somethings with perfect eyesight. Also the goal updates at the bottom of the screen have also changed font, making it harder to read. What can be done to ensure that anyone over the age of 40 can read these updates?

Deleted - duplicate of the previous reply.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Its horrendous to be honest. It's so much harder to read. 

Also,I agree, the people are far too far away. It's like the BT sports one.

Will be interesting how TNT sports do their coverage

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Completely agree with the points raised here. Smaller fonts used. Difficult to read colour scheme. Too much wasted space. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

It's a real shame as previously I felt by having everyone so close very much helped. 
Also, as I mentioned it's so hard to read the red. 
Hopefully feedback from us will help.

I do also have to say why has Geoff left, he was the best. Massive loss and wrong decision from Sky. But they have removed several staff!

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Super+Anthony wrote:

It's a real shame as previously I felt by having everyone so close very much helped. 
Also, as I mentioned it's so hard to read the red. 
Hopefully feedback from us will help.

I do also have to say why has Geoff left, he was the best. Massive loss and wrong decision from Sky. But they have removed several staff!

@Super+Anthony unlike the others that have left (excluding Martin Tyler who left on he's own accord) Jeff left on his own accord he wasn't pushed by sky 

he was going to leave at the end of the 21/22 season but changed his mind to stay on for another year 

Ok,apologies for that. Shame they could not convince him to stay

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Will be interesting how TNT sports do their coverage

It won't be very interesting as BT Sport Score has been scrapped. TNT won't have any equivalent show on air. 

Oh has it,I didn't realise. Thanks for that update

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

It looks like the old BT Sport Score studio

This message was authored by Jggidkkr This message was authored by: Jggidkkr

Faded text on sky sports news

I cannot understand why on earth sky sports news have dramatically faded the black text on the yellow background aswell as the blue text on the white background, making it much harder to read!! It's not rocket science, the darker the writing the easier it is to read. Stop changing things for changing things sake and please make the text as dark as it was before so that people can read it much easier. And before anyone asks, no I do not need glasses! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion