Discussion topic: Moving sky box

This message was authored by LAURINASHLEIGH This message was authored by: LAURINASHLEIGH

Moving sky box

I am wanting to move my sky box from where it currently resides, if the satallite wire isn't long enough what would I do? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Moving sky box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can buy DIY satellite cable extension kits from hardware stores such as B & Q or if the point where the cable comes through the wall needs to change, Sky will do the necessary for their usual callout charge of around £65

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

You can buy DIY satellite cable extension kits from hardware stores such as B & Q or if the point where the cable comes through the wall needs to change, Sky will do the necessary for their usual callout charge of around £65

LAURINASHLEIGH
Topic Author
This message was authored by LAURINASHLEIGH This message was authored by: LAURINASHLEIGH

Thank you @Mark39  I'll have a look and sort something out 😁

This message was authored by Mcfee This message was authored by: Mcfee

Hi I have two accounts one is my mums address (removed)

She has been in hospital and is confined to her bed can you move her sky box from the front room to her bedroom thanks.

Moderator Comments: removed personal details 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Mcfee wrote:

Hi I have two accounts one is my mums address [content removed]

She has been in hospital and is confined to her bed can you move her sky box from the front room to her bedroom thanks.

This forum is primarily customer-to-customer help, you need to contact Sky, a 3rd party satellite installer or use an cable extension kit and do the work yourself

Use the following link for contacting Sky: CONTACT

There is also Sky's How can we help? page
(make sure the correct country is selected at the bottom of the page)
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@LAURINASHLEIGH wrote:

I am wanting to move my sky box from where it currently resides, if the satallite wire isn't long enough what would I do? 

You can buy satellite coaxial/coax cables online.

An example of these coaxial cables is here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sky-Satellites-Satellite-Extension-Connectors-Black/dp/B01CSFWFDE?th=1

Also, remember to get joiners too as some satellite cables do not come with them. An example of them are here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plus-Connector-Satellite-Coupler-Changer/dp/B09BFD3XZQ/

(I have not bought or tested these products. Products listed are for demonstration purposes only.)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion