Discussion topic: How do I get the channel amc

This message was authored by Jason871 This message was authored by: Jason871

How do I get the channel amc

I want to watch the new series of the walking dead on amc but can't find the channel how do I get it

All Replies

This message was authored by digglerthelegend This message was authored by: digglerthelegend

Re: How do I get the channel amc

AMC hasn't been on Sky since 2019 I think.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jason871 wrote:
I want to watch the new series of the walking dead on amc but can't find the channel how do I get it

You can't the AMC channel no longer broadcasts in the UK.

It was pulled for Sky a while ago and become a BT TV exclusive, but got removed from BT TV back in September.

As far as im aware the new Walking Dead spin offs don't currently have a home in the UK. Some of the older spins off were available on Amazon.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Jason871 wrote:

@Jason871 

As @MarkGoldsmith  says AMC is no longer available in the UK

I note that S1-11 are all showing on Disney+ so I am guessing it will land on there sometime but I don't know if/when

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Is It the new spin off "The Ones who live" that you are asking about?

The main series ended in 2022.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jason871 wrote:
 but can't find the channel how do I get it

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/amc-uk-closes-28th-september/ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_(European_TV_channel) 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@nigea99 wrote:

@Jason871 wrote:

@Jason871 

As @MarkGoldsmith  says AMC is no longer available in the UK

I note that S1-11 are all showing on Disney+ so I am guessing it will land on there sometime but I don't know if/when

Yeah my hunch is they may end up on disney at some point, although apparently none of the several spin-offs currently have UK broadcasters. Wouldn't also surprise me if they get split between several broadcasters, as Amazon held the UK rights for some of the older spins offs including Fear The Walking Dead.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

I personally doubt they will end up on Disney+ or Amazon Prime

Unlike the original The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead the new spin offs are distributed by AMC Networks themselves outside the US.

Dead City & Daryl Dixon have registered on bbfc.co.uk along with Tales Of The Walking so they will released on physical media and to buy/rent digitally by RLJE International Ltd (Acorn Media International)

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/search?q=The%20Walking%20Dead&s=Relevance&t%5B%5D=TV%20Show&p=1

ITV is launching a new AMC Stories partnership on ITVX from 9th April so that's a other possibility at some point beside BBC/BBC Studios who they have relationship with.

AMC sold to The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon to Paramount+ in France, another company they have a good relationship with.

This message was authored by BillTW This message was authored by: BillTW

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live - Series 1 available on SKY. The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon, will be on SKY later in 2024. The Walking Dead: Dead City, will be on SKY Atlantic Aug 2024. The Walking Dead: World Beyond, on Amazon Prime. In fact they are all on Amazon Prime via subscription.  

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@BillTW wrote:

In fact they are all on Amazon Prime via subscription.  

Are you sure that is correct for the UK.

I had a brief look at the main series and 3 spinoff and the only one in the uk on amazon prime according to Justwatch is the main one.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.

You can't get AMC in the UK, thye stopped broadcasting on the BT Platform last Sept, I think it was September. That said, indiviaul programmes that were boradcast on the AMC channel can be found on other platform such as SKY, Apple TV, Prime etc. For example, you can watch the Walking Dead on SKY and Prime (with subscription).  

Actualy. I've jumped gun in terms of the spin offs when it comes to Amazon Prime, they show up when you do a search but not sure they are availble currently in the UK via Prime, typically Prime. Howere, the Ones Who Live is definately avalable on SKY currently, with the Daryl Dixon and Dead City coming to SKY in the summer. I'm going to assume, they will be availble once they appear on SKY. 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Seasons 1-11 of The Walking Dead are all available on Disney+ in HD with 5.1 audio, at the correct frame rate and ad-free. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion