Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - November 2023

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Changes to the Sky TV guide - November 2023

Posted by a Sky employee

Keep up with the latest changes to the Sky TV Guide on Sky+, Sky Q and Sky Glass/Stream.

This list is updated weekly for the week ahead but may still change.

Wednesday 1st

• Sky Halloween (Satellite 311 - Glass/Stream 311) renames to Sky ScFi/Horror / Sky ScFi/HorHD (reverting from temporary change)
  • The Box (Satellite 355 - Glass/Stream 355) renames to BoXmas (temporary change)
  • W HD launches in ROI at EPG number 827 replacing the existing UK channel and swaps with the SD at 132
  • alibi HD launches in ROI at EPG number 809 replacing the existing UK channel and swaps with the SD at 109
  • Dave HD launches in ROI at EPG number 811 replacing the existing UK channel and swaps with the SD at 111

Thursday 2nd

• CNBC SD (Satellite 505) closes and is replaced by CNBC HD which moves from 883 to 505

Friday 3rd 

• Sky Hits (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to  Sky Twilight / SkyTwilightHD (temporary change)

Saturday 4th

• SC Spooky (Satellite 306/850 - Glass/Stream 306) renames to ​​Sky Family/Sky Family HD (reverting from a temporary change)

Monday 6th

• MTV 90s (Satellite 352 - Glass/Stream 352) renames to MTV XMAS (temporary change)
  • Sky Twilight (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to Sky Bourne /Sky Bourne HD (temporary change)
  • Sky Fast & Furious (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) renames to Sky Heroines / SkyHeroinesHD (temporary)

Monday 13th

• ​​Sky Bourne (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) changes name to Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD (reverting from a temporary change)
  • Sky Cinema Drama (Satellite 310 - Glass/Stream 310) renames to Sky Christmas/SkyChristmasHD (temporary change)
  • Sky Cinema Hits (Satellite 303 - Glass 303) swaps EPG numbers with Sky Cinema Christmas (Satellite 310 - Glass 310)

Friday 17th

• Sky Heroines (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) renames to Middle Earth / MiddleEarthHD
  • ​​Sky Greats (Satellite 304/849 - Glass/Stream 304) renames to Sky 80s Icons / 80s Icons HD (temporary)
  • Sky Hits (Satellite 310 - Glass/Stream 310) changes name to SkyMockingjay / MockingjayHD

Monday 20th

• Sky Mockingjay (Satellite 310 - Glass/Stream 310) changes name to Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD (reverting from temporary change)

Tuesday 21st

• ​NBC News Now HD (Satellite 521) closes on DTH and Sky Go only - channel remains on Glass/Stream

Wednesday 22nd 

• That's 80s (Satellite 366) renames to Best Xmas Music (temporary change)
  • CBS Reality (Satellite 146 - Glass/Stream 155 (151 ROI)) rebrands to TRUE CRIME (permanent change)
  • CBS Reality+1 (Satellite 246) rebrands to TRUE CRIME +1 (permanent change)
  • RealityXtra (Satellite 147 - Glass/Stream 157 (153 ROI)) rebrands to TRUE CRIME XTRA (permanent change)
  • HorrorXtra (Satellite 317 - Glass/Stream 316) rebrands to LEGEND XTRA (permanent change)
  • HorrorXtra+1 (Satellite 318) rebrands to LEGEND XTRA +1 (permanent change)

Thursday 23rd 

• Sky Hits (Satellite 310 - Glass/Stream 310) renames to SkyHanksGiving/HanksGiving HD (temporary change)

Saturday 25th 

• Sky Middle Earth (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) renames to SkyBestOf2023/SkyBestOf23HD (temporary change)

Monday 27th 

• NickLoudHouse (Satellite 605 - Glass/Stream 205) renames to Nick SpongeBob (temporary change)
  • Sky HanksGiving (Satellite 310 - Glass/Stream 310) changes name to Sky Hits / Sky Hits HD (reverting from temporary change)

Tuesday 28th 

• NOW 70s (Satellite 361) Changes name to NOW XMAS (temporary change)

Wednesday 29th 

• Best Of 2023 (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) swaps EPG numbers with Sky Christmas (Satellite 303 - Glass/Stream 303) (temporary change)

Thursday 30th

• Hidayat TV (Satellite 733) closes permanently

Useful links

TV channel list on Sky Glass

Channels available on Sky Go

Sky TV channels on PlayStation and Xbox

Sky Glass Playlist explained 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

All Replies

This message was authored by Libby67 This message was authored by: Libby67

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - November 2023

• Please can you post the date Sky Movies Christmas channel will be available.
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Libby67 wrote:

It would be listed above if they had the info to give, also it's only the begining of November!!! Xmas is ages away!!!!

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Libby67 

Some channels are showing Christmas films already. I think Ch5 are on weekday afternoons if you can't wait for a little longer. 

edit: sadly some started as early as 1 October

Sunday 1st 

• ​Movies24 (Satellite 325 - Glass/Stream 313) renames to Christmas24 
  • ​Movies24+ (Satellite 326 - Glass/Stream 314) renames to Christmas24+ 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Libby67 wrote:

Last year that change happened on November 11th, so not long to go...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by johnshel This message was authored by: johnshel

If you have Sky Glass, you can skip the tv guide forward to a week later..... it's looking like next Tuesday (14th) is the day!! Channel 310 (currently Sky Drama) is showing a few Christmas films so far.....Although I imagine the channel will change to 302 or 303?

This message was authored by Libby67 This message was authored by: Libby67

Thanks @johnshel 

This message was authored by Dave10115 This message was authored by: Dave10115

The sky Christmas movie channel 310 will be there from Monday 13th check the tv planner

This message was authored by Yoghurt This message was authored by: Yoghurt

Christmas movies

Christmas movies start on sky on Monday 😁channel 310😁

Sarah backx
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Christmas movies

@Yoghurt 

Already posted in the November thread (that I'm about to move your post into). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by NoahME This message was authored by: NoahME

I was told it may be around the 10-12th of November as that is the time it was aired last year (2022).

This message was authored by stubie This message was authored by: stubie

NBC News Now staying on Sky Q and Sky Go

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@stubie wrote:

NBC News Now staying on Sky Q and Sky Go

As per @stubie  post confirmation here https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/nbc-news-now-given-sky-satellite-reprieve/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Thats an interesting 180.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes I just saw that. Great news if you watch it

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion