Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV Guide - July 2024

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Changes to the Sky TV Guide - July 2024

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

For anyone interested, discovery plus earlier this week added a Paris 2024 tab to their app, and have olympic  broadcast schedule for the app.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes I noticed that, very helpful

This message was authored by GlassOwlie This message was authored by: GlassOwlie

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - October 2023

I checked Sky's trade marks and I've seen one filed 12th July 2024 which uses the Pick name. So will the name be used as something else? Perhaps, a new FAST one?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@GlassOwlie wrote:

I checked Sky's trade marks and I've seen one filed 12th July 2024 which uses the Pick name. So will the name be used as something else? Perhaps, a new FAST one?

Could it be them just renewing the one they had for Sky Pick since that used to be a channel name?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@GlassOwlie wrote:

Even if any one here knew the reason why sky/comcast registered/deregister the trademark, there would be a confidentiality agreement that answering would be a breech of.

Any announcement of new channels/services would be a press release,, not just an answer on a forum.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by GlassOwlie This message was authored by: GlassOwlie

But the logo looks completly different with a vibrant colour palette. I think it could be used as a FAST channel brand for platforms like Pluto TV.

Big companies do like protecting their intellectual rights, even if they don't have any current use for a brand name

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai

@GlassOwlie@MarkGoldsmith@nolte.

I was able to find it, it's here: https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00004075029

These are the images GlassOwlie was referring to: 
GB50160000004075029.jpg GB50150000004075029.jpg GB50140000004075029.jpg GB50130000004075029.jpg GB50120000004075029.jpg GB50110000004075029.jpg

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@nolte wrote:

For anyone interested, discovery plus earlier this week added a Paris 2024 tab to their app, and have olympic  broadcast schedule for the app.

I am still hoping Sky does something to smooth the path to the Olympics content as Discovery+ makes it very hard (ironically), to discover the live streams you want.

I have Eurosport 3 - 9 in HD in the EPG on my EE TV Pro Box, but I really don't want to use it if I can help it.

Hoping we get some red button action or tiles to jump from the home screen on Q straight to the live stream if we have to use Discovery+. Oh and the log out bug fixed!

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@ZyloKai wrote:

@GlassOwlie@MarkGoldsmith@nolte.

I was able to find it, it's here: https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00004075029

These are the images GlassOwlie was referring to: 
GB50160000004075029.jpg GB50150000004075029.jpg GB50140000004075029.jpg GB50130000004075029.jpg GB50120000004075029.jpg GB50110000004075029.jpg

There is another registered aswell with more different colours

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00004075160

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@GlassOwlie wrote:

But the logo looks completly different with a vibrant colour palette. I think it could be used as a FAST channel brand for platforms like Pluto TV.

Or their own FAST service powered by Xumo Play ?

This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai

@Timelord2018@nolte , @GlassOwlie @MarkGoldsmith 

I suspect Sky renewed their Pick trademark due to them launching Pick Paranormal: 
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-Guide-August-2024/m-p/4707445#M148083

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@ZyloKai wrote:

@Timelord2018@nolte , @GlassOwlie @MarkGoldsmith 

I suspect Sky renewed their Pick trademark due to them launching Pick Paranormal: 
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-Guide-August-2024/m-p/4707445#M148083

Would seem that way, and it wouldn't surprise me in the future if more pick branded FAST channels launch.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Wurst1 This message was authored by: Wurst1

Sorry to interrupt!

Is there a new/impending update to the look of Sky Q on the horizon? I watched the Sky Sports+ preview video today and the menu system looked much fresher and cleaner. Is that just the new look for the Sky Sports+ app or is it a redesign for the entire Sky Q guide/menus?

The video is here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13191376/sky-sports-new-channel-and-live-streams-will-...

Also notice the remote one of the presenters is using looks new with the different button colours all in a single button?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Wurst1  Highly unlikely Sky Q will get a menu makeover as it's a fairly old system now, and as Sky are pushing people to stream.

The remote the presenter is holding is for Sky Glass/stream so it's that's the menus you see on the video

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion