Discussion topic: Can't watch the Champions League final on Discovery+ app

This message was authored by Luke44 This message was authored by: Luke44

Re: Can you watch the champions league final on discovery plus app

I'm having the same problem.  It says it's free, I'm logged in and linked account with sky but it won't let me watch it.  It lets me watch other free content.

This message was authored by herbie1980 This message was authored by: herbie1980

Had the same problem as you guys but it's working now. You have to download the discovery + app via your TV and and then you can watch it. Doesn't work via the sky version of the app for some very odd reason but does it you use a media box or smart TV and download the app

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Garylinekar wrote:

I tried to stream via my phone onto my TV but that didn't work!

Download the Discovery+ app for your tv login using the same credentials that you used for your phone. @Garylinekar 

This message was authored by Simon147 This message was authored by: Simon147

Re: Discovery +

I'm trying to get the champions league on, just keep being passed to TNT sports and have been asked to pay. I have discovery plus 

This message was authored by Garylinekar This message was authored by: Garylinekar

I don't have a smart tv 🙄😂

This message was authored by Chris13085 This message was authored by: Chris13085

I had the same issue. I think because it's via sky TNT try to get you on subscribing and won't allow to watch it. However I downloaded the Discovery + app signed in and could miracast it to the tv instead. Hope this help  

This message was authored by Fruitnip This message was authored by: Fruitnip

Downloaded app on xbox and is working fine, wouldn't work on sky glass. 17 minutes to spare!!

This message was authored by Luke44 This message was authored by: Luke44

I had to dust off the Apple TV but in business now.  Panasonic tvs have no Discovery+ app in the App Store.

This message was authored by TrickyDawn This message was authored by: TrickyDawn

Yes activated this evening ... App now loads and I get the "free" game but when I go into it says I need a TNT subscription.  Sky is getting worse at content delivery on the older tech such as Sky Q

This message was authored by DavidCooper1988 This message was authored by: DavidCooper1988

I have a fix but unfortunately not on sky. Firstly, use this link - discoveryplus.com/link 

Assuming you've create the account via smartphone and linked with the activation code.
Download discovery+ app on tv/firestick, and use the login credentials. 
L

This message was authored by smab70 This message was authored by: smab70

Doesn't work.

This message was authored by Savedman This message was authored by: Savedman

Won't let me watch via sky discovery app, wants me to upgrade to TNT. However having upgraded to discovery+ via sky it has created a discovery+ account. So I've downloaded the discovery+ app onto my smart TV and I can watch the final for free on there..

This message was authored by DavidCooper1988 This message was authored by: DavidCooper1988

Im watching it now.

I presume you have created the account and link to sky and had the issue? 

I literally just downloaded the apl on amazon forestick and logged in

Re: Discovery +

Won't let me watch via sky discovery app, wants me to upgrade to TNT. However having upgraded to discovery+ via sky it has created a discovery+ account. So I've downloaded the discovery+ app onto my smart TV and I can watch the final for free on there..

Yes David that's correct. It was telling me I had to have TNT.

Can't watch it via the sky discovery+ app but I am watching it now on the app direct on my TV.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion