Discussion topic: Adverts on Sky Youtube

This message was authored by johnmonks1234 This message was authored by: johnmonks1234

Adverts on Sky Youtube

Who loads adverts on sky youtube? I am sure it isn't Youtube as you can roll back the video and watch the same section without adverts so sky must overlay them. I really have to stop these adverts as they are sooo loud and go on and on and on to the point when you forget what you were watching! If I have to pay I will, as in our opinion many are offensive with unnecessary content especially when the children are watching. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Adverts on Sky Youtube

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Nothing to do with Sky. They're added by Google (and I agree they're an absolute pain). Google do provide an opt-out for the ads at an extortionate £10 per month (I think). If it was half the price, I'd jump at it.....

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Nothing to do with Sky. They're added by Google (and I agree they're an absolute pain). Google do provide an opt-out for the ads at an extortionate £10 per month (I think). If it was half the price, I'd jump at it.....

johnmonks1234
Topic Author
This message was authored by johnmonks1234 This message was authored by: johnmonks1234

Thanks for that.  Have you any idea how you do it?  Yes it is extortion and I am sure that's why they blow people's ear drums out with all the offensive stuff too.  Unfortunately I will have to suck it up.  [removed]

Moderator note: language removed

johnmonks1234
Topic Author

Looks like Sky didn't like my response asking you if you knew how to do this with a very well disguised word at the end articulating what Google are.  I doubt this will make it either.  God help us eh?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Mark39 wrote:

Youtube premium is £11.99 per month 😞

https://www.youtube.com/premium

johnmonks1234
Topic Author

Many thanks for that.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@johnmonks1234 a post with a "well disguised" word would be caught by the filters Sky use to stop offensive material appearing in the forum. I suspect the post will appear suitably edited later when the Community Managers clear the overnight filter. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
johnmonks1234
Topic Author

@Chrisee  Thanks.  It's back up with a 'removed' tag.  Some people are so sensitive these days!  Whatever happened to the British Bulldog spirit? LOL.  I suppose the word 'British' will be offensive too!  Let's see.

johnmonks1234
Topic Author

@Chrisee I forgot to mention.   They remove what the call 'offensive language' but me and my kids have to watch these offensive ads!  Talk about hypocritical. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sky can't do anything about YouTube ads any more than they can with the (equally annoying) ads on other independent apps and channels like the awful ITVHub.

johnmonks1234
Topic Author

@Mark39  True, but they all do it, and Sky are no exception with their ads anyway.  How do we protect children with all this disgusting filth we now have on all TV and online channel ads etc?  We are fighting a losing battle to stop kids being corrupted these days.  God help us eh?  Sometimes I feel I am on my own.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion