Discussion topic: Upgrading to ultrafast broadband how does phone work

This message was authored by Glenforest This message was authored by: Glenforest

Upgrading to ultrafast broadband how does phone work

Hi

I ammlooking at upgrading to ultrafast broadband. I know that needs a fibre line brought into house. But I am confused my router is currently in the hall not close to an outside wall.

Will my router need moved closer to an outside wall.?

Will my phone now need to plug into the back of the router.  I am happy moving the router so not to have any cables around the walls (downside with wooden floors) but really do not want to move the phone elsewhere. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Upgrading to ultrafast broadband how does phone work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glenforest wrote:

It depends where the installer places the ONT, but possibly yes. Or you could have a long cable connection between the ONT and your Hub.

Will my phone now need to plug into the back of the router.

Yes. A cordless DECT phone is probably the best solution, where only the base station plugs into the Hub. You can put the handset (or handsets) wherever you want it.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Upgrading to ultrafast broadband how does phone work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glenforest wrote:

It depends where the installer places the ONT, but possibly yes. Or you could have a long cable connection between the ONT and your Hub.

Will my phone now need to plug into the back of the router.

Yes. A cordless DECT phone is probably the best solution, where only the base station plugs into the Hub. You can put the handset (or handsets) wherever you want it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion