Discussion topic: Sky talk server error

This message was authored by Michael_G This message was authored by: Michael_G

Re: Sky talk server error

This is still not working and the most recent app update has removed the Sky Talk option altogether.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by Honda+Fan This message was authored by: Honda+Fan

Still not fixed but someone on the forum with more knowledge than Sky IT support has spotted that when accessing Sky Talkshield the URL gets corrupted.

Sky talk shield may be accessed directly though a browser at https://www.Sky.com/my account/bb-and-talk/talkshield

Correct URL to access Sky talk shields is 

https://www.Sky.com/myaccount/bb-and-talk/talkshield

This message was authored by Melmar This message was authored by: Melmar

Tried to block number via Sky Talk Shield but showing server error as previous posts. Have deleted app and reinstated. Still does not work

This message was authored by rollernig This message was authored by: rollernig

7 November still getting server error. Spoke to Sky, they had no idea so are sending a new router. I actually rang about lousy speed and was told the router is 3 years old so has probably had it. If true why not send new router every three years!!! I tried the link mentioned elsewhere and got in. Why are Sky taking so long to correct the link on the home page?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rollernig wrote:

Spoke to Sky, they had no idea so are sending a new router. I actually rang about lousy speed and was told the router is 3 years old so has probably had it. If true why not send new router every three years!!!

Because with six million households supplied with broadband by Sky, that would be hugely expensive and massively wasteful.  As you say, when support has no idea what the actual problem is, they typically send out a new Hub by default.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by pete+oxley This message was authored by: pete+oxley

I have just started with talk shield and when I go on the shield icon on the pc it says server error.

I cannot set anything up to help family calling us.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@pete+oxley wrote:

I have just started with talk shield and when I go on the shield icon on the pc it says server error.

I cannot set anything up to help family calling us.

Try the link in Honda+Fan's earlier post 

This message was authored by pete+oxley This message was authored by: pete+oxley

If this person can get this right what is wrong with the tec team at Sky?

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bb-and-talk/talkshield

This solution was provided much earlier in this topic.

People need to read though posts from start & leave thumbs up against solutions that work.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Honda+Fan wrote:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bb-and-talk/talkshield

This solution was provided much earlier in this topic.

People need to read though posts from start & leave thumbs up against solutions that work.

Quite so.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I have marked the post by @ProblemSolver as the solution so hopefully more people will see it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by colin+hince This message was authored by: colin+hince

Now works thank you very much, XX 

This message was authored by Badknees This message was authored by: Badknees

Sky talk server error- Have uploaded photos as requested & was promised a reply in 72 hrs- Nothing!

Access to Sky Talk Shield comes up with 'Server Error' in top left of screen. If I isable Broadband Shield I an access Talk Shield, but as soon as I use another website Broadband Shield re-activates and I canot access Talk Shield (same Server Error message).

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion