Discussion topic: Sky talk server error

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Re: Sky talk server error

Just tried to add an important number to my star list on Sky Talk Shield on My Sky app and coming up with server error.  Tried using the website and could get into Sky Talk Shield but it willl not let me add any number.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning

Thank you everyone for highlighting this problem.

I've passed it on to our support teams to investigate and resolve.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by ProblemSolver This message was authored by: ProblemSolver Answer

I have found the issue. It looks like the page URL has been changed.

The original URL causing the issue is: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bb-and-talk/talk-shield

Here's a URL that works at time of posting: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bb-and-talk/talkshield

...the links haven't been updated (devs just need to re-correct the page url back to the original).

You're welcome.

Please credit my account with 10GB data as Sky refused to compensate us during a long-term mobile & broadband outage.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ProblemSolver wrote:

Please credit my account with 10GB data as Sky refused to compensate us during a long-term mobile & broadband outage.

@ProblemSolver 

If you've already asked Sky about compensation and they've declined you're not going to get a different answer on here. Regarding a broadband outage I don't know what you mean by long term but it doesn't kick in until the fault isn't fixed after two full days from you reporting it. 

This link outlines auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it, It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by ProblemSolver This message was authored by: ProblemSolver

Thanks for the information Daniel.

The outage was total loss of service for short periods but also for a long period the speed was unusable. We had to setup mobile tethering on 4G for over a month because of the unusable connection which cost us our saved data + £20 data top-up. 

We had the same intermittance problem with SeeTheLight earlier this and last year (Sky company) but with FTTP on my partner's property. Sky have admitted publically their services have been struggling for a while. 

Both Sky and SeeTheLight were quick to send deadlock letters which wash their hands and protect them if going to the Ombudsman, it seems to be an ISP's new tactic to get aorund compensation. 

After over 15 years being Sky customers, we decided out of principle we will not renew any more services with 3 properties in our family. This is not a moan, it's feedback for Sky that customer service is really important for utilities. 

Server error still showing on Sky+app.  Still cannot add a number on Sky Talk shield on website.  Can bring page up but when I tap on square to enter my number it comes up 'no options'.  Tried fix in 'Answer' post and made no difference.  Is it working for anyone else?

Sky Talk Shield

Apologies for starting this again in another thread but the thread entitled 'Sky Talk Server Error' has been marked as answered but it has not fixed my problem.  MySky app is still showing server error when I try to get into my Sky Talk Shield settings.  I can get into the settings on the website but when I try to add a number and click on the box it comes up as 'no options' and will not let me add a number.  Anyone else having this problem.  Any help and advice much appreciated.

This message was authored by Paula8999 This message was authored by: Paula8999

Thank you so much! 

This message was authored by ProblemSolver This message was authored by: ProblemSolver

Re: Sky Talk Shield

Hi @jewers, it's working on my desktop browser: I am able to add numbers. If you cannot use a laptop or PC then you can try run your mobile browser in desktop mode and not use the app.

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bb-and-talk/talkshield/call-history

This message was authored by FRD1 This message was authored by: FRD1

Can’t view talk sheild

Can't view sky talk sheild on app

@ProblemSolver Many thanks for getting back to me.  Just tried via desktop browser on iPad and it is letting me block a number but, when I click on the star box, no keyboard appears and it says ' no options'.  Very weird.  I will try later on my MacBook and see what happens.  Your help and advice is very much appreciated.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Can’t view talk sheild

@FRD1 wrote:

Can't view sky talk sheild on app

Suggest you read the answers already given for a way around it.

@ProblemSolver just thought I would report back.  Tried Desktop mode and able to see numbers of incoming callls .  Going into call history, I can block numbers by clicking on box but nothing happens, other than 'no options' when I click on star box to add a number.  Wonder if it is a glitch with Apple devices.  Anyway, thank you for your suggestions and I willl just wait to seee if it comes back eventually.

This message was authored by Michael_G This message was authored by: Michael_G

The length of time that the servers have been down suggests to me that Sky have been subject to a cyber-incident. Large corporations don't have systems down for days unless it's something serious like a ransomware attack or major GDPR breach.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

As of this evening, this is now fixed for me on the MySky app on tablet and phone.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion