Discussion topic: Sky Internet Calls (VOIP)

This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br

Sky Internet Calls (VOIP)

If you have Internet Calls from Sky, your home phone now works through the internet, check your phone is plugged into the port marked 'UK' on the back of your hub. Use the cable that came with your phone – we don’t send these with your Hub.

I have Internet Calls, will my extension sockets work?

No, your phone works through the internet, so your phone won't work if it's plugged into to any other telephone socket.

Can I use multiple handsets with Internet Calls?

Many cordless phones offer multiple handsets, which can be used around your home. Your base station needs to be plugging into the phone port on the back of your hub.

Can I use my phone if there’s a power cut?

No. Because your phone works through the internet by plugging into your hub, your phone won't work if there’s a power cut, your hub’s turned off or you have a broadband fault or outage.

Are Internet Calls right for me?

We’ll ask you questions when you take Sky Broadband to make sure Internet Calls are right for you. If you have a care alarm which connects to your home telephone line Internet Calls may not be right for you. If your circumstances change and Internet Calls are no longer suitable, contact Sky for further help.

How do I know if I have Internet Calls?

Internet Calls comes as standard with Sky Broadband Ultrafast, and may be included, when you subscribe to Sky Broadband Superfast.

Take a look at your Sky Broadband Hub, if the Voice light is lit, you’re set up to receive Internet Calls. Plug your phone into your hub and use your phone as normal.

I think there’s a fault with my phone.

The Sky Community can offer advice and support on a range of issues, but to help find and fix a fault, sky.com/help is a great place to start.

What’s my Sky phone number?

One of the easiest ways is to go to sky.com/myaccount  and sign in with your Sky iD. Additional advice can be found in this community thread.

If you’d like more help, post your question in the Sky Talk community or check out this sky.com page.

Mark
Community Manager

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion