Discussion topic: No landline, slow broadband

This message was authored by cello1901 This message was authored by: cello1901

No landline, slow broadband

We have no dial tone, have tried all the steps in the online guides, plugged a corded phone straight into the master socket and the line is dead - since yesterday afternoon.

Also, we lost internet yesterday afternoon, came and went all day and came back up at 8pm but is slow 3.9Mbps rather than 13Mbps and upload of 0.18Mbps.

All connections have been checked, router restarted etc and no change.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No landline, slow broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try the connection test here. If a fault is detected you may be able to book an engineer there and then: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

Run the test on a mobile if it won't run on your slow,broadband connection. 

cello1901
Topic Author

Hi Mark39, thanks for the info. I now get to a "large outage on the network" page but the service status reports no known issues.   Last night there were known issues with talk and bb but these were in the Southwest of England and I live in Northern Ireland...

Speedcheck now reports download 2.84Mbps, upload 0.15Mbps.

I'll keep trying!

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi cello1901

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - A fault has been detected and Openreach have been booked to resolve the issue

cello1901
Topic Author

Internet down and no phone after being fixed today

Openreach fitted a new socket today which seemed to fix our Internet problems experienced since Tuesday. This evening Internet is off again and no phone. 

cello1901
Topic Author

Openreach fitted a new socket today and this seemed to resolve all the issues but around 9pm this evening we are off again.  Back to square one.  I shouldn't need to start a new call should I, but I have anyway...

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Internet down and no phone after being fixed today

@cello1901There is no point in posting multiple threads in different forums, if you have reported your issue once again to Sky then you will just have to wait see what they come back and say.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
cello1901
Topic Author

@Highlinder  I haven't posted the same issue on multiple threads.  Sky marked the first post as answered and Openreach closed the fault but the fault persists so a new thread is required.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@cello1901This does not stop you adding to that thread even though it has been answered.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@cello1901 

Openreach normally aim to fix reported faults within 3-5 working days of being notified of them. 
See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it (once it’s fixed). So that will be two full working days since reporting this second issue. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
cello1901
Topic Author

This is day 5 of disruption for us.  Broadband is dropping several times every hour and speeds are around 2Mbps today.  The phone line keeps dropping too so although we cannot claim a loss of service, what we do have is unusable.

cello1901_0-1653046725518.png

Is there any way to escalate this so that Sky can take a look and we can pick up where we left off with the fault code we had yesterday?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@cello1901 wrote:

I shouldn't need to start a new call should I, but I have anyway...

@cello1901 

I didn't escalate your post earlier as you indicated you had called.

I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later or maybe tomorrow.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom left of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. Again, if you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will automatically close. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

Please make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
cello1901
Topic Author

Great, thanks @Daniel0210 .  My fault, I meant a new post but I got chastised for raising two posts for the same issue and they got combined.  Broadband has been off and on twice in the last 20 minutes!!!

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion