Discussion topic: Landline phone number now incorrect after full fibre installation

This message was authored by frank11111 This message was authored by: frank11111

Re: Landline phone number now incorrect after full fibre installation

keep pestering them, hope you get it sorted soon @Broseley89 

This message was authored by CISCRH This message was authored by: CISCRH

@Broseley89: Your silence suggests that you've not made any progress. It's not the best solution but you might like to investigate the www.voipfone.co.uk site. They do claim to sometimes be able to reinstate 'lost' landline numbers.

Broseley89
Topic Author
This message was authored by Broseley89 This message was authored by: Broseley89

Thanks @CISCRH  I'll look into that! Sky said Openreach would be in touch, but nothing so far!

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

If you are upgrading your old copper connection to full fibre and the engineer left the wiring in place the easiest way to tell once the migration is complete is to keep your handset in the old bt master socket, once the migration is complete it will stop working and the VoIP replacement should have taken over

it seem to be a delay in systems when openreach complete the fttp work the job is not fully cleared to allow the old service to cease and new VoIP service to start

with my own fttp service it was a week after the fttp was turned on before the old service ceased although I was only charged for the new service

Broseley89
Topic Author
This message was authored by Broseley89 This message was authored by: Broseley89

Thanks, yes that was the first thing we tried. The old service was switched off within hours of the installation. It's been 3 weeks now.

This message was authored by Browno This message was authored by: Browno

We have the same problem. Full fibre installed yesterday. Can make outbound calls, but cannot receive any!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Browno it's not unusual for activation of the Talk service to take a full 24 hours. You might need to wait until tomorrow before raising the alarm with Sky.

Broseley89
Topic Author

It's been over 4 weeks for us now. Sky are still insisting it's an national outage. The last time I phoned they said 1 in 3 people who have had fibre installed are having this problem.

They are still blaming Openreach.

I'm starting to think: Sky are not fulfilling their contract to supply us with Sky Talk. We could possibly look at taking further action. Maybe at least a refund.

This message was authored by Heather+Anne This message was authored by: Heather+Anne

It has been over 9 weeks for us since we have had a landline with in or out calls working. We have got a deadlock from Sky and sent it to CICAS via OFCOM, you have to wait 8 weeks from your first complaint to do this though. Don't suppose anything will come out of it but what do you do when Sky are struggling to resolve the problem. I personally think this type of system is being installed on us without proper testing first, in a rush to make the 2027 Voip target.

Broseley89
Topic Author

Yay! Phone us working at last!

I hope the rest of you have too. No notifications, but someone just rang us. It took us a while to work out what the sound was!!

This message was authored by Katie1980 This message was authored by: Katie1980

Have you had your issue resolved yet? My elderly parents had their new fibre installed 2 and a half weeks ago and have been without a working phone line ever since. Can't call out or receive. Numerous calls to sky, passing the buck, being told its being investigated by engineers and no update. Escalated a few times and now have an openreach engineer visit booked for Friday. We will see but not getting hopes up...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion