Discussion topic: Landline not working

This message was authored by PS98765 This message was authored by: PS98765

Landline not working

Similar problem to several other posts re landline not working.  Phone displays a message saying 'Check phone line'.  Can't make calls or receive them at all.

Have followed all the online advice for this situation and nothing has worked.  Have tried another phone in the socket and it still doesn't work . Broadband etc all working fine.  

Haven't been able to get through to Sky.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Landline not working

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PS98765Have you recently joined or upgraded your broadband? If the answer is no to the question, could you please follow the touble shooting in the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/fix-problems-with-your-phone/check-your-phone-line 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
PS98765
Topic Author
This message was authored by PS98765 This message was authored by: PS98765

@Highlinder thanks for your reply.  I've been through the stages and tried all the suggestions, but it's still not working.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@PS98765Do you have any other way to report this fault to Sky?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi PS98765

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Concreteangel This message was authored by: Concreteangel

My landline hasn't worked since I switched to Sky. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Concreteangel wrote:

My landline hasn't worked since I switched to Sky. 

Is your phone set up correctly? If your Sky broadband Hub has a Voice light which is lit, your phone must be plugged into the socket at the back of the Hub. It won't work if it's plugged into the normal wall socket.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Concreteangel 

Have you tried the troubleshooting link provided in the earlier post by @Highlinder ?
How long ago did you switch? Have you reported your fault to Sky? If you haven't they won't know you have a problem.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Concreteangel This message was authored by: Concreteangel

Have tried reporting it but can't get past the automated system that doesnt understand simple Yes/no answers! Just keeps referring me to.online help that doesn't resolve the issue.

@Daniel0210 thank you that's sorted it, but has created new problems - now have to find a new home for the router as it's pointless having the phone where the router lives! (Router lives upstairs - where the signal is strongest for kids/phone needed downstairs for calls while I'm working) Oh joy!

Thank you @Mark39 its working now!👍🏻👍🏻

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion