Discussion topic: I had a sky Q box installed yesterday, but now now my landline is not working. All I get is a messa

This message was authored by Johnnyove This message was authored by: Johnnyove

I had a sky Q box installed yesterday, but now now my landline is not working. All I get is a messa

I had a sky Q box installed yesterday. After that my my landline phone has not worked. There is a messag on the phone saying "please check line cord". I have checked the lines but can find nothing wrong, so don't understand why the phone won't work.  Please help. We are old age pensioners, and rely on the landline.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: I had a sky Q box installed yesterday, but now now my landline is not working. All I get is a m

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Johnnyove 
I’ve re-escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you don't participate you'll have to call Sky I'm afraid. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: I had a sky Q box installed yesterday, but now now my landline is not working. All I get is a...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @Johnnyove , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: I had a sky Q box installed yesterday, but now now my landline is not working. All I get is a...

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Johnnyove . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Johnnyove
Topic Author

Following the installation of a Sky Q box, my landline has ceased working. I have tried many ways to

I have tried several suggested ways to rectify the situation, including buying a new phone, but nothing has worked. Interestingly, when I have tried to restore the phone service, the broadband goes down. Help. Please

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Following the installation of a Sky Q box, my landline has ceased working. I have tried many way

@Johnnyove 

I have moved your new thread into the one you started last week. The original was passed to Sky who invited you for a chat to help resolve it but you didn't engage with them. If I escalate it again are you going to participate? 

Sky customer since 2001
Johnnyove
Topic Author

Re: I had a sky Q box installed yesterday, but now now my landline is not working. All I get is a m

I am 81 years old, and am having trouble following all this. I had not noticed that someone was ready to talk to me. 
do I just have to keep this page open to await a response. I am not familiar with all this, sorry.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Johnnyove 
I’ve re-escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you don't participate you'll have to call Sky I'm afraid. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Following the installation of a Sky Q box, my landline has ceased working. I have tried many ...

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Johnnyove anther invite to chat.

Thanks

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Johnnyove 

That chat bubble should be there now. 

Sky customer since 2001

Re: Following the installation of a Sky Q box, my landline has ceased working. I have tried many ...

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken with @Johnnyove and after some checks we found a fault which we booked an engineer for 🙂

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion