Discussion topic: Can't make or receive calls

This message was authored by Lynnabella20 This message was authored by: Lynnabella20

Can't make or receive calls

My mum cannot make or receive phone calls on landline on her phone. Message on phone says "check line chord".

I have plugged the phone into a neighbours line and it was working to make and receive calls so there is no issue with the phone. Broadband is working and there is internet access.

I need this to be fixed ASAP as my mum is 88 and registered blind so needs to be able to use the landline.

How can I get in touch with Sky to fix this .

thanks

Lynn

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Can't make or receive calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lynnabella20 

Have you got Power of Attorney or authority to speak to Sky on your Mums behalf (ie; get past the security questions)? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Lynnabella20
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lynnabella20 This message was authored by: Lynnabella20

Hi there. Yes I have POA. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lynnabella20 

Register your Mum with the Accessibility Team who deal with POA queries and may be able to help now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Lynnabella20
Topic Author

Thank you !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion