Discussion topic: We have SKY HD can we get STV player on it Google says yes but when you access accessories & try NO

This message was authored by tenerifestan This message was authored by: tenerifestan

We have SKY HD can we get STV player on it Google says yes but when you access accessories & try NO

We get offered STV player progs on 'Top picks' sometime we want to add STV plaer to our SKY box have Googled it says available if you have SKY HD which we do have followed instructions  Accessories add chanels # search chanels  it finds nothing is it just not an 'add on' any more ???? help please

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: We have SKY HD can we get STV player on it Google says yes but when you access accessories &

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You don't need to add anything as on demand content from STV is already available via our boxes. Some of it might be in the Boxset section which would require you having the Sky Signature package on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: We have SKY HD can we get STV player on it Google says yes but when you access accessories &

You don't need to add anything as on demand content from STV is already available via our boxes. Some of it might be in the Boxset section which would require you having the Sky Signature package on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@tenerifestan if you'relooking for the STV Player app it's not available on Sky+HD. Sky+HD doesn't support apps.

tenerifestan
Topic Author
This message was authored by tenerifestan This message was authored by: tenerifestan

Thanks  Mark 39 But we did not want a  'APP'  I posted on our television prog menu it gives us 'Top picks' based on your recordings & there have been a few from STV player for us to download I wanted to access more so Googled 'can I add STV player to my SKY' it said if you have an HD package yes said accessories - add chanels - find chanels which I did but said none available so my question was is STV no longer available????? unless you live in Scotland  & we are in East Sussex so as far from Scotland as you can get!!! So if anyone has an answer would be grateful

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@tenerifestan As mentioned above, STV content is already on your Sky box.

Goto Box Sets > Channels and you should see STV Player content on there. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You mean you want to add the STV channel to your additional channels ?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@caesarome wrote:

You mean you want to add the STV channel to your additional channels ?

I think that's what the OP is trying to do.

Settings are:

Frequency: 11068 MHz
Polarisation: Vertical
 Symbol Rate: 23000 kS/s
         FEC: 3/4

This message was authored by Woolybear This message was authored by: Woolybear

On Sky Q if you go to on  demand then channels you will find STV player there.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Woolybear wrote:

On Sky Q if you go to on  demand then channels you will find STV player there.

This is the Sky+ forum

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion