Discussion topic: Sky + hd box.

This message was authored by Nico9 This message was authored by: Nico9

Sky + hd box.

Hi , started to have problems with my Sky + HD box which is now 11 years old,   I don't want Q and have seen new HD boxes available on Amazon and Ebay.      If I decided to purchase one these boxes can I still use my present viewing card in the new item,or will I need to re- register the new box with Sky.                 Many thanks. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky + hd box.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nico9 

You'd pair your current card with the replacement box: there are various ways of doing so.

Note any Sky+ HD box you see is very unlikely to be 'new': they were last manufactured in 2015.  The only models worth having are the 895 (2TB) and 890 (500MB) versions.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky + hd box.

You should be able to use your viewing card in any box you purchase but you really need to stick to the later models like the 890 or 895 ones.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Nico9
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nico9 This message was authored by: Nico9

Replacement + HD box

When you purchase a replacement +HD box from Ebay do you need to contact Sky to pair the new divice with your viewing card,or can it be done online.The old box is a DRX890-R to be replaced with a DRX890.                                              Manythanks

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Replacement + HD box

@Nico9 wrote:

When you purchase a replacement +HD box from Ebay do you need to contact Sky to pair the new divice with your viewing card,or can it be done online.The old box is a DRX890-R to be replaced with a DRX890.                                              Manythanks

@Nico9 

I've merged your post into the one you asked yesterday and advice was provided. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Nico9 wrote:

do you need to contact Sky to pair the new divice with your viewing card,

You can do it a few ways @Nico9 , either via the box itself, the MySky app or online at Sky.com.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Nico9 wrote:

@Nico9 simplest way is to carry out a New Install (menu option) on the replacement box with your Viewing Card inserted.. It will need to have an internet connection.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion