Discussion topic: Viewing card not authorised

This message was authored by sj28 This message was authored by: sj28

Viewing card not authorised

A few months ago I applied for skyQ. I was sent a viewing card but the engineer was unable to fit skyQ. Sky is telling me my viewing card is not authorised.  I have a sky+HD box but no access to change the card so I don't know how to get the old card out or even if the skyQ card would work as I don't have skyQ.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Viewing card not authorised

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

Are Sky Q cards de-authorised if the Sky Q installation can not be completed?

I'm surprised Sky installation engineers do not retain Sky Q card when an i nstallation can not be completed.... especially as the Sky Q card is Sky's property and the customer has no right to retain it🤔

The card is not a Q card or a Plus card , all cards are the same, what you are calling a Q card is just a new card that needs to replace the old card in either a new Sky Q installed box or your existing Plus box as your old card gets cancelled automatically after a short while when you order Sky Q

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Your old card has been cancelled and you need to pair the new card to your box

Note: The cards for Sky+ and Sky Q are identical

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@sj28 wrote:

A few months ago I applied for skyQ. I was sent a viewing card but the engineer was unable to fit skyQ. Sky is telling me my viewing card is not authorised.  I have a sky+HD box but no access to change the card so I don't know how to get the old card out or even if the skyQ card would work as I don't have skyQ.

Was your Sky subscription cancelled .... are you still paying anything to Sky?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@sj28 wrote:

I have a sky+HD box but no access to change the card so I don't know how to get the old card out or even if the skyQ card would work as I don't have skyQ.

What problem with access are you having? If I remember correctly the Viewing Card is behind a pull down flap at the right of your Sky+HD box. Just pull it out carefully, and replace it, the same way up, with the Sky Q Viewing Card. You'll then need to pair the box and Card as @Annie+UK posed.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

I'm surprised Sky installation engineers do not retain Sky Q card when an i nstallation can not be completed.... especially as the Sky Q card is Sky's property and the customer has no right to retain it🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

The card is not a Q card or a Plus card , all cards are the same, what you are calling a Q card is just a new card that needs to replace the old card in either a new Sky Q installed box or your existing Plus box as your old card gets cancelled automatically after a short while when you order Sky Q

sj28
Topic Author

Thanks I've successfully paired my viewing  card.

@Annie+UK wrote:

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

So what ever you wish to call the card ... does the one supplied for Sky Q get cancelled when the Sky installation failed?

Why wasn't the the card for the Sky Q installation retained by the Sky installation engineer ... as the card supplied for the Sky Q installation failed.

Amusing pendantry .... but perhaps you could answer the questions this time🤔

Exiled in HH
sj28
Topic Author

The skyQ card works fine. I've no idea why the engineer left it with me and I've never heard another word from sky about having skyQ  installed. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion