Discussion topic: Transferring viewing card to a replacement Sky+ box

This message was authored by jahall1234 This message was authored by: jahall1234

Transferring viewing card to a replacement Sky+ box

My Sky+ HD box has recently died. I've decided I'd prefer to replace it with another Sky+ box rather than go to Sky Q or Stream. It's no longer under warranty, not insured, and it looks like one can no longer get a new Sky+ box, or if I you can then I couldn't find it on the website. I've therefore just placed an order for a refurbished box with a third-party vendor. Am I correct in assuming that, if I transfer my viewing card from my dead box to the new (identical) model, that I will have automatic access to all the channels in the packages that I've paid for? Also will the PIN to access "adult" content remain the same? TIA. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Transferring viewing card to a replacement Sky+ box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You should be able to do just that and use your viewing card you already have in the new box as omce the card is paired it should give you access to your package.

Not sure on the pin as it might depend on what it was set ant previously but all thing being well you should be able to change it via the MySky app (Manage Account > TV > TV Settings > TV Pin > Update.) or online here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-pin

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

You should be able to do just that and use your viewing card you already have in the new box as omce the card is paired it should give you access to your package.

Not sure on the pin as it might depend on what it was set ant previously but all thing being well you should be able to change it via the MySky app (Manage Account > TV > TV Settings > TV Pin > Update.) or online here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-pin

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are replacing with their newer services: Sky Q (all issues will be fixed during a Sky Q install), Sky Glass and Sky Stream

You'll need to find your own secondhand replacement Sky+HD box

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
jahall1234
Topic Author
This message was authored by jahall1234 This message was authored by: jahall1234

Already fround, thanks. As I said: "I've therefore just placed an order for a refurbished box". There seem to be plenty of firms selling them via Amazon.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Missed that 😞 You pair your existing card and your PIN is attached to the card not the box 🙂

Try performing a New Install to pair the card to the new box

See question Q21 in my Sky Plus F⋅A⋅Q

Additional help with your viewing card can be found here
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
jahall1234
Topic Author

Thanks. It's been so long since I paired my card - and it might well have been done by the Sky engineer who installed the box and dish - that I'd forgotten that "pairing" the card involved more than just inserting it into the box. So before I can pair the card, the first thing I will need to do is get my box connected to my wi-fi.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion