Discussion topic: Sky hd or sky Q or Sky Stream of

cliff53
Topic Author
This message was authored by cliff53 This message was authored by: cliff53

Re: Sky hd or sky Q or Sky Stream of

Sky told me, as long as I had my hd box.

However I dont have it now.

They then sent me emails trying to get me on Q or stream

Steveboy
cliff53
Topic Author

I dont disagree. They offered me a subscription if I had my old hd, which they know worked. But as I now dont have it, Q or stream is offered.

Steveboy
This message was authored by BOMITIE This message was authored by: BOMITIE

all the above is total rubbish, sky want to push sky Q as the box has to be returned if one cancels. I neighbour got collared 2 days ago and was persuaded to go for sky q got a €5.00 off offer. I told them abou the retrun box trick so they rang sky to cancel  and got an offer on the sky hd box better than the sky q offer.  Sky dont want to lose customers. all the baloney put out recently is a joke.  Sat goes in 7 years, oh yeah, a lot of people will die between now and 7 years.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Sky will allow an active Sky+ HD subscription to renew ... BUT it is an ever diminishing service😉

Sky will not activate new Sky+ HD subscriptions🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BOMITIE wrote:

all the above is total rubbish, sky want to push sky Q as the box has to be returned if one cancels. 

Sky would prefer to 'push' Glass/Stream.  Q dates back to 2016 while Sky+ HD was launched in 2006: both are approaching obsolescence.

Comcast is a cable television company with no history in satellite broadcasting.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@BOMITIE wrote:

so they rang sky to cancel  and got an offer on the sky hd box better than the sky q offer.  

So that would be a contract renewal and continuation of existing service, not a new subscription on obsolete hardware which is what we are saying doesn't happen any more.

cliff53
Topic Author

I suppose its just a subscription re activation, all I know is they offered it, but as I have no box now, its immaterial.

Steveboy

@cliff53 

Sky+ HD hardware is widely available second hand: about £30 for a 2015 model on eBay, because millions were manufactured and almost all are now out of use.  The point is they are only really worthwhile as a replacement for a box which is currently covered by a monthly payment, because Sky won't now offer new subscription and hasn't for several years.

Just out of interest does that mean if someone has skyq and paying 100 a month and after 12 months they ring to cancel as they dont like it and they say I have  SKY HD box, sky wont pair the  Q card to it?!!

Im a bit out of the loop when it comes to sky but I cant see myself moving to sky q knowing I'll lose box if I cancel.  I have an original pace hd box and its perfect.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@BOMITIE once you've had Sky Q installed, there's no way back to Sky+.

Even I change the LNB back to the normal one!!  It seems strange sky will forfeit 100 euro a month but would not surprise me.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@BOMITIE wrote:

Just out of interest does that mean if someone has skyq and paying 100 a month and after 12 months they ring to cancel as they dont like it and they say I have  SKY HD box, sky wont pair the  Q card to it?!!

Im a bit out of the loop when it comes to sky but I cant see myself moving to sky q knowing I'll lose box if I cancel.  I have an original pace hd box and its perfect.

The box would not work on the Sky Q dish and Sky would not transfer the Sky Q subscription to a Sky+ sub

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

@BOMITIE wrote:

It seems strange sky will forfeit 100 euro a month but would not surprise me.

Sky really doesn't want to be maintaining three entirely different platforms which date from a quarter century timespan.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@BOMITIE Sky have an objective of reducing Sky+ HD subscribers to zero .... as long as  a subscriber renews without issues ... they are not a cost any subscriber reporting issues and expecting support is a cost to Sky🤔

Sky only really want subscribers using their supported devices😉

Exiled in HH
cliff53
Topic Author

I know that they offered me a renewed subscription with my sky hd box, but once they realised I had got rid of it, they told me that if I bought another second hand and had a subscription, they would let me use it, however as my subscription lapsed, they would let me have Q. My thinking is Q or stream...... which is better?

Not bothered about recording as catch ups are available on many apps.

Steveboy

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion