Discussion topic: On screen message stating I’ll loose all my sky channels in Aug

This message was authored by JasonMarter This message was authored by: JasonMarter

On screen message stating I’ll loose all my sky channels in Aug

I've recently (Jan) had a upgrade to my 15 year old sky box etc. so I didn't loose all the BBC channels. I'm now getting a new message asking me to contact sky saying I'll loose all my sky channel in Aug if I don't contact them.

anyone any ideas ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: On screen message stating I’ll loose all my sky channels in Aug

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JasonMarter wrote:

I've recently (Jan) had a upgrade to my 15 year old sky box etc. so I didn't loose all the BBC channels. I'm now getting a new message asking me to contact sky saying I'll loose all my sky channel in Aug if I don't contact them.

anyone any ideas ?

Did you replace the old box with a second hand SKY HD box ?

If so, SKY's records may not reflect this & the messages  can possibly be stopped if we refer you to a support team here  

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Providing you have a Sky+HD box, you won't lose your channels.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@JasonMarter wrote:

anyone any ideas ?

Did you replace the old box with a second hand SKY HD box ?

If so, SKY's records may not reflect this & the messages  can possibly be stopped if we refer you to a support team here  

This message was authored by LindaH This message was authored by: LindaH

When sky rang me I was told that we will lose channels unless we upgrade to new box. We use a dish, never had issues but we're told that we will have to enter a new contract- we've still the initial monthly payment plan. I feel it's unfair that we have to enter a new contract fir something that we didn't ask for - some channels already gone and we are still paying. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@LindaH it's only the older Sky+ boxes which aren't HD compatible that are losing channels. Do you have one of those? What on screen error message do you see when you try one of the affected channels?

It's now saying you'll lose all your channels by August. Pops up intermittently on channels that are remaining. Some already gone. I contacted sky a few weeks ago after thay had been ringing me and I missed calls. They said I need a new box but this wouldn't happen unless I enter a new contract with them. 

Sorry yes to query re old sky box...it's the old one we have. Thanks 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@LindaH wrote:

It's now saying you'll lose all your channels by August. Pops up intermittently on channels that are remaining. Some already gone. I contacted sky a few weeks ago after thay had been ringing me and I missed calls. They said I need a new box but this wouldn't happen unless I enter a new contract with them. 

hi @LindaH 

If you have an old SD only box then you really will loose the SKY channels as they are changing the way the channels are transmitted and your old SD box will not be able to  decode them 

You do have an alternative, which is to buy a second hand SKY HD box from the likes of Ebay.

If you do consider moving to SKY Q you may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Regarding SKY's offer of SKY Q  and starting a new contract, I feel I must point out that whilst a contract does indeed tie you in, as you have an old SKY box you will have  had SKY for far longer than contract. Being out of contract the chances ar thet you have been paying more than being in a contract 

thank you so much - that's really useful. I'll have to think about it as we were hoping to change provider at some stage - our broadband is useless due to roadworks damaging cables and I'm tired of dealing with multi providers so was going to try find one stop shop for beroadband and tv - thanks again.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion