Discussion topic: My sky box is ancient and starting to play up, how do i get a replacement, i have been a Sky custom

This message was authored by Black+Hill This message was authored by: Black+Hill

My sky box is ancient and starting to play up, how do i get a replacement, i have been a Sky custom

My box keeps freezing, I have to reboot it on a regular basis, It must be at least 25+ years old, I will be looking for a good deal as a replacement or I will just put Sky out. As we are pensioners I would not want to pay more than we are paying at the moment

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: My sky box is ancient and starting to play up, how do i get a replacement, i have been a Sky cu

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky+ boxes haven't been manufactured since 2015/2016. You can buy a used replacement Sky+HD box cheaply from the likes of ebay. Or give Sky a call to see if they can offer you a deal to upgrade to Sky Q. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: My sky box is ancient and starting to play up, how do i get a replacement, i have been a Sky cu

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Black+Hill wrote:

As we are pensioners I would not want to pay more than we are paying at the moment

Be aware that if you contact Sky they will want you to move to Q, and that their basic business model is to extract higher payments.  The 'free' VIP upgrade typically includes a mandatory Q Mini which significantly increases the monthly subscription if you are currently using a single Sky+ box.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion