Discussion topic: IR Link not working

This message was authored by Stingray+Gaz This message was authored by: Stingray+Gaz

IR Link not working

I have for several years used infra red link and coax cable from my sky hd box to a second tv with no problems at all and full functions of the sky remote up to a point the tv was knocked off the stand.

So new tv was purchased but the sky remote no longer worked so purchased a new link set up, same make as the previous, still not working. I have gone through all the recommendations from sky and the manufacturer of the link but no good. The green light on the link is on so it has power and the red IR 

light on the link comes on when the remote is used, so receiving signal. Is it possible that something in the sky box has been damaged and no longer giving me the remote function of it?

Thanks to anyone that may be able to help.

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: IR Link not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Turn the RF power off and on again in the hiddem menu

Try the magic eye directly on the Sky box to eliminate a coax cable short

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Stingray+Gaz cover up the front panel of your Sky box and check that it no longer responds to the remote.

Then plug the IR link directly into the RF2 socket at the back of your Sky box. and point your remote at the link and see if it responds.

If it does, your Sky box and the link are both working correctly. That narrows down the problem to the coax cable, including the conn.ectors at either end, or the tv itself.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Stingray+Gaz Are you getting a picture on the new TV? Have you successfully tuned in the analog tuner on the new TV? Does it even have an analog tuner, many new TV's don't? 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion