Discussion topic: I have a sky + box and the red button doesn't work

This message was authored by Janet157 This message was authored by: Janet157

I have a sky + box and the red button doesn't work

My red button doesnt work so I am not getting a proper service from sky.  I can't have a sky Q because we live in a small block of flats.  Our wifi isnt 100% so sky glass isn't an option.  We qould like reduced monthly fees because we are not getting a proper service

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I have a sky + box and the red button doesn't work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Janet157  You're not contacting Sky via the forum, have you tried any steps to remedy the red button issue?  https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-plus/sky-plus-watching-sky-tv/sky-plus-red-button/articl...

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Janet157 wrote:

My red button doesnt work so I am not getting a proper service from sky.  I can't have a sky Q because we live in a small block of flats.  Our wifi isnt 100% so sky glass isn't an option.  We qould like reduced monthly fees because we are not getting a proper service

hi @Janet157 

Unfortunately more & more Red button services are migrating to app based services that SKY HD doesn't support.

SKY HD is very much a legacy product that SKY are trying to get customers to migrate from

I am sorry to say that you won't get any reduction in charges due to this - red button is more of an supllementary service  than a core priced service 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Janet157 wrote:

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are replacing with their newer services: Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream

Features will be withdrawn over time as they cannot support 3 system indefinately

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Janet157 

you wont get a refund as it's not a chargeable service, it's also not skys fault that your management won't install a Sky Q system in your MDU

Its one of them you either have to suck it up or find another way of watching tv like Freeview or freesat

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

I what way is your WiFi not 100%?

We could use ethernet or power line to connect your router to a Sky Puck😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion