Discussion topic: I am using Sky + I have no downloads for 10 days Sky says I must upgrade to Sky Q, is this right?

This message was authored by Margaret+9 This message was authored by: Margaret+9

I am using Sky + I have no downloads for 10 days Sky says I must upgrade to Sky Q, is this right?

There is a small wi fi, download box next to the sky +box, and there is only one light on it, I have been talked through a reboot, and am used to resetting the tv as it often drops out of broadband, Yesterday I called helpline again and the assistant said our broadband was fine but sky+ no longer uses the mini box and I must upgrade to Sky Q, is this right, I ave been with Sky 18 years!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: I am using Sky + I have no downloads for 10 days Sky says I must upgrade to Sky Q, is this right

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Margaret+9 try this before obtaining a replacement Mini commector:

1. Turn your Sky box off at the plug

2. Disconnect the Mini connector

3. Wait 4 minutes then restart your Sky box

4. When the box has fully restarted, reconnect the Mini connector and wait to see if it connects.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I am using Sky + I have no downloads for 10 days Sky says I must upgrade to Sky Q, is this right

No, at best that's a misunderstanding,on the adviser's part. The mini connector is still in use, but if it's faulty I doubt,Sky would,be able to provide a replacement. There may be used ones on ebay etc.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Margaret+9 try this before obtaining a replacement Mini commector:

1. Turn your Sky box off at the plug

2. Disconnect the Mini connector

3. Wait 4 minutes then restart your Sky box

4. When the box has fully restarted, reconnect the Mini connector and wait to see if it connects.

Margaret+9
Topic Author
This message was authored by Margaret+9 This message was authored by: Margaret+9

@Mark39 Thank you Mark, I will try that again, now I have taken the Sk mini box off to read the version and also found a reset  hole which I couldnt see before!  I'll have another go tomorrow. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion