Discussion topic: Aggressive Driver

This message was authored by dave-mills This message was authored by: dave-mills

Aggressive Driver

Today, 6th April 2024 at approx 16:45, I had the misfortune to encounter an aggresive driver in a Sky Atlantic van. I pulled out of a driverway onto the A28 Ashford Road at High Halden, no vehicles were visible in either direction, this area is a 40mph limit. Within seconds a large panel van in Sky Atlantic livery was tailgating me and flashing it's headlights. I slowed down to let the driver pass, signalling left to show I was moving to the left. This resulted in the van also signalling left and flashing it's headlights again, this was very intimidating. The van then overtook. 

Within a few hundred yards, I caught the vehicle as it was turning right. At this point my front seat passenger recorded the van registration as LC68WKG. Below is a quote from the Highway Code.

'Rule 110 of the Code tells us flashing headlights means 'I am here'. That rule also makes it clear that headlight-flashing does not mean 'get out of my way, you slowcoach' or 'slow down, guys, police or cameras up ahead'. You're not meant to be using them to convey other messages, or intimidating other drivers.'

Could this issue be dealt with so that other road users don't suffer the same experience I endured today.

Yours sincerely David Mills.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Aggressive Driver

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not here, I'm afraid,,we're customers. You could complain to Sky.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not here, I'm afraid,,we're customers. You could complain to Sky.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @dave-mills 

Really sorry to hear about what happened.  As @Mark39 has mentioned, the how to make a complaint page would be a great space to flag this on to the relevant teams to ensure this is picked up. For ease, the page has a form option to fill out and you would likely be able to just copy / paste your above message.

Do note I've amended the personal details off your community post as we don't advise sharing that information on Sky Community so just make sure to amend your message if you are just copy / pasting it.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion