Discussion topic: this is embarrassing freeze message

This message was authored by Ang10 This message was authored by: Ang10

this is embarrassing freeze message

My Sky puck keeps freezing. I've been through trouble shooting with Sky 3 times - it has nothing to do with my WiFi. But it keeps switching off with the message

Well this is embarrassing

Something's no t working

4200-DRM-FAILED

Sky have not been able to detect what this issue is. Anyone had this to?

All Replies

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

Re: this is embarrassing freeze message

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ang10 wrote:

My Sky puck keeps freezing. I've been through trouble shooting with Sky 3 times - it has nothing to do with my WiFi. But it keeps switching off with the message

Something's no t working

4200-DRM-FAILED

Can be caused by a faulty or loose HDMI cable.  If possible remove the HDMI lead and and swap the ends around and see if that helps.  (make sure the TV and puck are in standby or off before you do this)

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
Ang10
Topic Author

Thank you so much. But we've already done this about 6 times. I don't understand what the error message means and Sky don't seem to know either! We'll keep trying. Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

@Ang10 wrote:

Something's no t working

4200-DRM-FAILED

I assume they told you to try  a different HDMI lead.  It could be that the HDMI port on your TV and/or puck is faulty.  Try a different HDMI port on your TV and if the error message persists it could you need a new puck.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@trevforum wrote:

@Ang10 wrote:

Something's no t working

4200-DRM-FAILED

I assume they told you to try  a different HDMI lead.  It could be that the HDMI port on your TV and/or puck is faulty.  Try a different HDMI port on your TV and if the error message persists it could you need a new puck.

Could also do a test on another TV, if you have one, as well just to help eliminate it being an issue with the TV.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Ang10
Topic Author

Thank you.  I don't have another TV but they didn't suggest changing the HDMI so I'll give that a go!

This message was authored by Hx This message was authored by: Hx

Hi did you get to the bottom of this as mine is exactly the same and I've tried everything and still no joy! Thanks x

Ang10
Topic Author

Nope, still freezes every now and then.  Frustrating when you're in the middle of watching a programme.  Changed the HDMI cable but it made no difference.  Sky can't help - they don't know what the issue is. There seems to be no solution.  

I finally bought a new TV hoping that would help. But new issue is that I can't get the Sky remote to sound control on the TV.  Despite dozens and dozens of attempts to pair.  Apparently Sky don't support a 3 month brand new TV and told to just use 2 remotes.  I wish I had an alternative to Sky.

Anyone any thoughts?

This message was authored by Hx This message was authored by: Hx

Same here, sky can't see the issue I've tried resetting the apps etc but nothing is working, got perfect internet etc but no apps I'm watching them on my phone🙄 all the money sky charge and it's constantly playing up. 

This message was authored by Nigel80 This message was authored by: Nigel80

Im getting this message / error message when I rewind on certain Apps. 
I have no idea why anyone can say this is a HDMI issue. I currently have 4 Puks in my house & they all have the same issues. 
I suspect that there is coding issues with the way Sky & other Apps interact. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion