Discussion topic: Unable to get TBN channel

This message was authored by AdeAraba This message was authored by: AdeAraba

Unable to get TBN channel

I have Sky TV but I was unable to locate Religion channels such as TBN which is free channel.

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Unable to get TBN channel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The sky streaming platform isn't like the satellite platform. On satellite it's an open platform that anyone can broadcast on providing they pay, the streaming platforms are closed so not all channels are available on it (both Sky and the broadcaster need to want a channel to broadcast on it for a start).

Here is a list of the channels available on the sky streaming platform:  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

The sky streaming platform isn't like the satellite platform. On satellite it's an open platform that anyone can broadcast on providing they pay, the streaming platforms are closed so not all channels are available on it (both Sky and the broadcaster need to want a channel to broadcast on it for a start).

Here is a list of the channels available on the sky streaming platform:  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@AdeAraba 

Stream (and Glass) doesn't carry the majority of the Religious channels available on the satellite platforms: it's likely that the limited budget of the operators of those stations doesn't permit them to meet the additional technical and administrative requirements for online delivery into the Sky environment 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by lorraine+stratton This message was authored by: lorraine+stratton

Hi I'm so annoyed that I can't get any religious channels on sky glass?  I've been with sky since 1986 and used to watch some god channels then?  I wanted to watch TBN?  Please advise thanks 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@lorraine+stratton Please read the replies above is my advise.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by lorraine+stratton This message was authored by: lorraine+stratton

Thanks for replying.  Just wondering why years ago we had religious channels and now none?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@lorraine+stratton  The ansxwer has been provided in previous replies, have you taken a few minutes to read them?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@lorraine+stratton wrote:

Just wondering why years ago we had religious channels and now none?

Those channels are likely to still be on the satellite platforms, but there's no assumption that they are also present on Glass/Stream.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by dino9898 This message was authored by: dino9898

The religious channels such as revelation TV are still on Sky Q (Sat dish) I get them. But no longer on Sky glass/ stream - answers as to why previously in this thread.

I know Rev TV tried everything to get listed via sky glass but were not succesfull. You can get most if not all these channels through Roku or something similar.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion