Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

Re: Syfy channel intermitently pixelating

@MarkGoldsmith 

If you had read this thread you would see that I'm not alone in this.

NOT a Sky employee? You sound like one.

Not helpful 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author
This message was authored by squareeyeschris This message was authored by: squareeyeschris

@lettice 

I've just realised that replaying a section is pointless as it's a recording .Silly me.

This message was authored by Bluemike This message was authored by: Bluemike

I was getting this last night. I was beginning to think it was my tv so thanks for telling me it was sky stream. I really hope sky can get it together and fix all the problems. I have no problems with the apple tv puck.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Seems quite a few of you are having similar on this.

Might be worth alerting Sky of your pixelation glitches to the Sky Viewer relation team.

Send an email to the team to report it;
ViewerR@sky.uk

They do respond to emails with any updates for your queries or problems and will pass onto the relevant Sky teams, in this case some sort of production back end.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@squareeyeschris wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith 

If you had read this thread you would see that I'm not alone in this.

NOT a Sky employee? You sound like one.

Not helpful 

@squareeyeschris in my previous comment i was replying to the point essentially implying the cause of all issues like this was the lack of memory on the stream pucks and the client server architecture that Sky use , for which there is no factual evidence of. Typically when there are issues with that part of the setup ( as we have seen in the past) it affects practically all customers and there are hundreds and hundreds of complaints on the forum.

The reason i made that comment was for the benefit of anyone in the future who happens to come across this thread, as for the Sky community to be useful for Sky customers the threads posted on here should be as helpful and useful as possible. I wasn't in any way trying to imply that the particular issue you are suffering from isn't a Sky issue i was just making the point that people shouldn't just assume its always a Sky issue. 

As @lettice has indicated, the best thing to do is report issues like this to the Viewer Relations team which as much information as possible (time of issue occuring, programmes you are seeing it on etc).

Also you may wish to read this which explains who superusers are: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Superusers/bd-p/meetthesuperusers. All sky staff on this forum are clearly marked with a Sky badge so customers can tell which correspondance can come directly from Sky on here.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

Is anyone else still experiencing these issues on sky live channels. I reported it on Twitter last week. Initially they were helpful and asked me to keep a log of incidents. However today when updating them I had an extremely unhelpful adviser signing off - BM who's had me carrying out all their troubleshooting steps AGAIN! and is refusing to pass on the information I've given as I refuse to keep running around my house for no reason! Once again SKY are unwilling to even consider that the fault could be with them and not with individual users. In the end I've refused to take anymore photos etc as I'm sick of this now. I'm still in my cooling off period so I might just cancel. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@DuckieBoos wrote:

Is anyone else still experiencing these issues on sky live channels. I reported it on Twitter last week. Initially they were helpful and asked me to keep a log of incidents. However today when updating them I had an extremely unhelpful adviser signing off - BM who's had me carrying out all their troubleshooting steps AGAIN! and is refusing to pass on the information I've given as I refuse to keep running around my house for no reason! Once again SKY are unwilling to even consider that the fault could be with them and not with individual users. In the end I've refused to take anymore photos etc as I'm sick of this now. I'm still in my cooling off period so I might just cancel. 

You would be better off sending that log of issues over to the Viewer Relations Team i think that than the general Sky Help Team on social media, who are more limited in the service they can provide.

The Viewer Relations Team always respond and will ensure it the issue gets flagged to the relevant back-end team to investigate.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

I emailed SKY 4 days ago now and no attempt from them to reply. 

I know SKY are not interested but the picture just pixilated again on sky History 2. at around 4.32pm. Only ever on SKY branded channels and never anything else. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@DuckieBoos  did you email viewerR@sky.uk if so you should have received an automated reply within a few minutes which is usually followed up by a personal email a few days later.  If you used any other email address you are unlikely to receive a reply.

When my screen pixilated about a week ago I rebooted my puck and have not had the problem since.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

I did and not even an automated reply 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@DuckieBoos It's strange that you didn't even get the automated reply, I can only assume it didn't go through properly.  Maybe try again, good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Thank you but I think my only solution will be to boycott skys live tv channels and only watch their stuff on demand. They are not getting back to me on here, X or via email. And when they did initially reply on X they are so adamant that everything is ok their side. 

squareeyeschris
Topic Author

Getting really fed up with this now. I'm on my third puck and still pixelating. This afternoon I noticed the issue on a couple of adverts (on a Sky branded channel).

Something interesting: The next time the ad was shown ,in the next advert break, it pixelated again at the same time and in exactly the same place on screen. The pattern formed by the pixels looked the same as well. The other advert I saw it on did the same thing, with a pattern and position different to the other ad. 

Hope that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is, it's not exactly random - which seems to point to a problem with the content rather than the equipment. Unfortunately it looks like we're just going to have to suck it up because Sky won't investigate it unless a great number of customers complain.

@squareeyeschrisagreed. There is no pleasure in watching Sky's live entertainment or movie channels as even when they are ok I'm on edge waiting for them to pixilate/tear knowing that when I report it they'll dismiss it as being a fault my end or the position of where I've placed my 3 pucks or WiFi. It's only their channels. Sky just won't listen. 

@squareeyeschris Sky are refusing to do anything now unless I agree to try and new replacement puck (1 of my 3 that all have this fault) "They won't investigate issues with their distribution as no one else is reporting it". They then want to explore local interference my side. There is none. It's already been tested. Same old same old. Ive agreed to the new puck but I know that wont change anything. Im thinking about reporting them to ofcom. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion