Discussion topic: Stream Issues

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Stream Issues

@Jporch316 wrote:

So are you all saying that I should immediately switch from my rolling contract to the slightly cheaper 18 month ? Save me a lot of reading ? Or is this for new customers from a certain point?

Yes. That's what appears to be the more sensible option, because there seems to be no benefit from being on 31 day rolling whatsoever if Sky let you terminate the 18 month contract, penalty free, with just 31 days notice. 

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Jason+Golding wrote:

This has implications for now Tv too right ? Don't they hold customers to contracts for certain deals ?

NOW doesn't offer 18 month contracts AFAIK, they tend to stick to 6 month offers. I have an offer on my account at the moment of Entertainment for £4.99pm for 6 months. It states: Cancel anytime effective at the end of the minimum term so it's pretty clear. There's nothing like that on Sky Stream contracts as far as I remember. 

The government bill seems to be relevant for any streaming contract of 12 months and over. If not paid fully in advance the customer can legally end the contract with 31 days notice. 

This message was authored by Mikeabc1 This message was authored by: Mikeabc1

So much better. I've already cancelled Sky Sports for the summer saving £30 a month as only really want it for the football. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@Jporch316 wrote:

So are you all saying that I should immediately switch from my rolling contract to the slightly cheaper 18 month ? Save me a lot of reading ? Or is this for new customers from a certain point?

Yes. That's what appears to be the more sensible option, because there seems to be no benefit from being on 31 day rolling whatsoever if Sky let you terminate the 18 month contract, penalty free, with just 31 days notice. 

The option for 18 month deal seems to be missing from MySky ......

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

Apologies for highjacking the thread but is it possible to migrate from Q to Stream online. 

Spoken to three agents today who have told me it would be £118, £126 and £130 for my package to be matched. 

My Q package is discounted at the minute but surely this should be one figure and not three. 

All three quotes are for the 18 month contract. Also been told I must take two Stream boxes. One of which will be charged. I cant just take the free one despite that showing as available to new customers. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Ben1980 In theory although the price is for 18 months. There is no contract, take the 18 month switch, give it a month and leave, see if they offer you something better to keep you. Under the new digital communications act, sky are not allowed to hold people in contract for non prepaid streaming services 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast

Just been reading about that on here. 

i would just like to see the breakdown of the cost on the screen. 

right now its as if they are just making the costs up. 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Ben1980 I have the following if it helps to give you an idea. 

Base Pack £25

Sky Sports £18

Sky Cinema £4

Ad skipping £0

Ultra HD £0

Multi Room £6.50

Titak £53.50 - includes Netflix and paramount plus

I get TNT sports through Discovery plus from EE as a 'free inclusive' on my sim 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K

IMG_2317.png

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K

Ta - I accept they might not be able to match my current Q package which is for all but kids at £105 but pricing up online its £112. 

I have been quoted three times where is ranges up to £18 more. 

Bizarre! 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Ben1980 wrote:

Apologies for highjacking the thread but is it possible to migrate from Q to Stream online. 

Spoken to three agents today who have told me it would be £118, £126 and £130 for my package to be matched. 

My Q package is discounted at the minute but surely this should be one figure and not three. 

All three quotes are for the 18 month contract. Also been told I must take two Stream boxes. One of which will be charged. I cant just take the free one despite that showing as available to new customers. 

You need to call to Switch from Q, as they have to process the Q cancellation  to order Sky Stream to the same address due to you being unable to have 2 Sky TV products registered to the same address.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith  I don't know if it will ever happen but I would be interested 👍

To be honest if they did something like £150-200 upfront for the base package, but it meant for that 12 months you can get like Sky Sports for an extra £15/month and Sky Cinema for £5/month on a cancel whenever you want monthly basis,  i think it would be well worth it.

Great for those that are happy to add Sky Cinema for one or 2 months a year to watch some of the new movies, or for those that just want Sky Sports for the football season, of during the F1 season.

I know its quite a discount on the list prices for both the base package and the add-ons but its guranteeing income for Sky on the streaming which based on the current monthly payments they don't have. I guess its no so much of a problem whilst the satellite platform is around, but once thats gone and its 100% streaming customers their revenue could certainly well be affected as customers decide to join for a few months at a time before cancelling, as people tend to do with the traditional streamers like Netflix, Disney etc.

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith I can't see this happening. I think they will go down the Netflix route eventually. This is the price, pay it, if you don't, ok

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K

@Jason+Golding wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith I can't see this happening. I think they will go down the Netflix route eventually. This is the price, pay it, if you don't, ok

Quite likely - I just thought that's probably a more risky strategy for Sky particular what the money they invest in obtaining sports rights you would expect them to want some sort of guarantee monthly revenue they can rely on.

Ive always been surprised how Netflix seems to be the outlier with not offering some sort of annual subscription for a small discount like most of the other bigger streamers do.

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith I think we may see some changes with sky glass/stream.... the clear early strategy was monthly contracts with no discounts. This has changed to '18 month contracts" and lower prices with discounts available.  I think we may see the product going full circle to monthly contracts with no discounts. Sky has some amazing sports rights, that people want to watch 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion