Discussion topic: Sky stream

This message was authored by Nancy5 This message was authored by: Nancy5

Sky stream

My tv keeps freezing, could it be my sky stream box or dish , I also have broadband?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Stream doesn't use a dish it works via the internet connection.

freezing indicates poor internet connection.

Open Netflix ont he stream puck go to get help, check your network and it will run a speed test. What speed does it report?

if you are connected via WiFi you may find the issue is the strength and stability of the WiFi network. You can improve this by ensuring the position of the puck is out in the open and not in a cupboard or hidden behind anything. Or the router should be positioned correctly to maximise WiFi signal ( it also shouldn't be hidden, shouldn't be on the floor and should be away from things like radiators are other electronic devices that can cause interference).

You could also try disabling the WiFi on the puck and connecting via an Ethernet cable instead.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Nancy5 wrote:

My tv keeps freezing, could it be my sky stream box or dish , I also have broadband?

Do you mean Sky Q mini?

Exiled in HH
Nancy5
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nancy5 This message was authored by: Nancy5

Yes sky

image.jpg

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

There is an issue with the freezing if you with Hyperoptic broadband, which is currently being looked at by hyperoptic

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Nancy5 wrote:

Yes sky

image.jpg

That's a Sky Stream puck, not a Sky Q minibox. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion