Discussion topic: Sky stream tv program keeps pausing and buffering

This message was authored by Jipmeg101 This message was authored by: Jipmeg101

Sky stream tv program keeps pausing and buffering

My sky stream keeps pausing when watching live TV like it's buffering all the time it's at times impossible to watch we have any broadband too and the tv is directly next to the router but it does this even when only the TV is on so other devices are not also streaming etc 

All Replies

This message was authored by Dollygal This message was authored by: Dollygal

Re: Sky stream tv program keeps pausing and buffering

Same thing is happening to me.

This message was authored by Dollygal This message was authored by: Dollygal

We have switched from HDR to a lower resolution picture and it had cured the problem for now.

Jipmeg101
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jipmeg101 This message was authored by: Jipmeg101

Hmm yes I may try that but frustrating when your sold a HD service 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dollygal wrote:

We have switched from HDR to a lower resolution picture and it had cured the problem for now.

So that would indicate the issue is with your broadband connection, either its the underlying broadband speed to the property (needs to be at least 30-35 Mbps), or its the connection from the router to the sky stream puck. If connected via Wifi the Stream Puck should be out in the open ideally with nothing around it, having it in a couboard or something like a shelf underneath a TV stand can cause Wifi interference and weaken the signal.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by FH-24 This message was authored by: FH-24

Mine is buffering also and sometimes switches off to a black screen and back on. It's not the wifi because I gave up on that years ago, only use hard wire/ethernet now.

For me it's a sky issue. Just checked my VM internet speed, 268Mbps download, 24Mbps upload average at the moment whilst TV still buffering.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion