Discussion topic: Sky stream suddenly will change channel

This message was authored by Marty_A This message was authored by: Marty_A

Sky stream suddenly will change channel

I've had sky Stream for a couple of days and I've noticed on at least three occasions that a program that I am watching just suddenly changes to the main menu and I don't know why that is. The remote control is on a table, so I haven't touched anything to make the TV channel change. Is this something that others have experienced. Thanks.

Best Answers
Marty_A
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marty_A This message was authored by: Marty_A Answer

Re: Sky stream suddenly will change channel

Thank you, but I decided to cancel the contract with sky. There were too many negative reviews and I didn't feel comfortable taking on a two year contract. However, I did like the layout. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Marty_A 

This has been posted once or twice on the community previously, but it's not a common issue. Therefore I have escalated you post to Sky. They will reach out via a chat bubble on the forum as described here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#:~:text=On%....

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Marty_A an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Marty_A . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Marty_A
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marty_A This message was authored by: Marty_A Answer

Thank you, but I decided to cancel the contract with sky. There were too many negative reviews and I didn't feel comfortable taking on a two year contract. However, I did like the layout. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

There is no requirement to take a two year contract ... you could start with rolling contract for Sky Stream😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

There is no requirement to take a two year contract ... you could start with rolling contract for Sky Stream😉

The Community Messaging Team may well have been able to address your issues🤔

Exiled in HH
Marty_A
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marty_A This message was authored by: Marty_A

The deal they offered me was £39 broadband and sky stream for two years. When I enquired on Monday regarding just a 30 day rolling contract without  their broadband, they quoted me £29. Therefore I said no way and therefore cancelled both sky stream and broadband (I was in my 14 day calling off period). If the price comes down drastically for sky stream on a monthly contract, then I might reconsider. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion