Discussion topic: Sky stream remote not turning tv off

This message was authored by Greg16 This message was authored by: Greg16

Sky stream remote not turning tv off

I have a Samsung tv and sonos beam soundbar and the sky stream remote is only controlling the sound via the soundbar and does not turn the tv on or off. When I initially set sky stream up, the remote did turn the volume up and down via the tv (assuming it would also control the on/off), it was only when I selected yes after for the sky remote to control the speaker that it stopped controlling the tv and now I can't get it to turn the tv on/off. Any ideas? Thanks! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky stream remote not turning tv off

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, Greg16. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

We've got a Samsung QLED TV with CEC and eARC set up and the Sky remote happily controls volume for the Soundbar via the TV volume and to turn everything off, it's just a press and hold on the Sky remote.

This message was authored by Brooksy46 This message was authored by: Brooksy46

Hi @Addie15 > almost the exact same thing happened to me upon set up. Seemed to control volume fine until I accidently chose to set up for speaker too (which I haven't even got), and then as I couldn't work out how to back out of that option, I made up a make of speaker to get out.

Now, no matter what I try, resetting controller, unpairing controller using buttons 7&9 and then repairing again using 1&3.... nothing works!! 

I can only assume the controller now wants to pair with a non existent speaker and refuses to pair (for volume and turning on/off) with the controller. What a mess!

Greg16
Topic Author
This message was authored by Greg16 This message was authored by: Greg16

Hi. I'm trying to get back in touch with a sky expert now that I am at home (to carry out troubleshooting checks) but I can't now see the colourful bubble to restart the conversation. 

This message was authored by Scousesally This message was authored by: Scousesally

I have to hold the off key for 5 seconds for it to turn my t.v off. I guess you'll have tried this though ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion