Discussion topic: Sky stream puck won’t stay in standby and won’t restart with the remote

This message was authored by Steve2412 This message was authored by: Steve2412

Sky stream puck won’t stay in standby and won’t restart with the remote

Boy am I fed up with Sky Stream - Sky customer for over 20 years - meaning I've spent well over £22,000 with them.... had Sky Stream for less than a week. ... I've spent most of that week following endless routines to fix the problem... but nothing works... each evening when we sit down to watch TV, we have to fish out the puck from behind the tv to turn the bloody thing on, once done the remote works fine... its hard wired to the router via Ethernet, I've changed all the recommended settings.. HDMI, Power Save, remain connected to Ethernet in standby... and, I've followed all of the restart procedures, some of which are ridiculously complicated....

clearly, there is a generic problem with this bit of kit as there are numerous threads all over the internet with thousands experiencing the same challenge...

come on Sky, sort it out, what's the problem and what's the solution.. and, I'm not doing a handstand while hold 1&3 on my remote whilst pressing the puck button with my big toe...😡😡😡😡😡

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky stream puck won’t stay in standby and won’t restart with the remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steve2412 wrote:

Boy am I fed up with Sky Stream - Sky customer for over 20 years - meaning I've spent well over £22,000 with them.... had Sky Stream for less than a week. ... I've spent most of that week following endless routines to fix the problem... but nothing works... each evening when we sit down to watch TV, we have to fish out the puck from behind the tv to turn the bloody thing on, once done the remote works fine... its hard wired to the router via Ethernet, I've changed all the recommended settings.. HDMI, Power Save, remain connected to Ethernet in standby... and, I've followed all of the restart procedures, some of which are ridiculously complicated....

clearly, there is a generic problem with this bit of kit as there are numerous threads all over the internet with thousands experiencing the same challenge...

come on Sky, sort it out, what's the problem and what's the solution.. and, I'm not doing a handstand while hold 1&3 on my remote whilst pressing the puck button with my big toe...😡😡😡😡😡

Hi 

seating your puck behind the tv can cause problems...... have you tried with the puck in front of the tv to see if you have the same issues 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Jporch316 wrote:

seating your puck behind the tv can cause problems...... have you tried with the puck in front of the tv to see if you have the same issues 

Yes, agree.

Having good broadband is one of the major key factors to Sky Stream.
But, it may also be suffering from interference, the puck much like a Sky Q box can for some customers suffer from this at times. More often seen as an intermittent blip.
Not always a cure, but the following may help to resolve;
Make sure you have a good 6-8 inches free on all sides of the puck.
Do not stack the puck on top of any other device.
Best not to sit it on a glass shelf. Wood is generally the best.
Make sure the puck is in the open, not tucked away in a cabinet or sat directly behind the TV.
Make sure you have no other devices that can cause interference closeby, like cordless phones, radiators, baby monitors, microwaves and the like.

Plus, even though you have mentioned, do make sure you change your puck to the following recommended settings, set in Settings>
Turn wifi OFF under Network (if connected via ethernet).
Set Network standby mode to ON and Overnight power saving is OFF.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Steve2412
Topic Author
This message was authored by Steve2412 This message was authored by: Steve2412

@Jporch316 Appreciate the suggestions, I'll be trying that today... my issue is the TV is wall mounted with nothing below it... so, to have the puck in view will require it to somehow hang below the TV.... not ideal... 

is the technology different from that of Sky Q mini boxes as in a previous set-up these were mounted behind the screens without issue....

thanks again

steve

@Steve2412 

The stream is connected to the remote via Bluetooth and the tv is connected to the remote via Infra red. 

The only way to test if there an issue is to put the stream in front of the tv temporarily and see if it resolves the issue 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Steve2412 wrote:

Hi 

Doesn't that recommendation only have relevance for a wifi connected Puck?

Exiled in HH

@Exiled-in-HH wrote:

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Steve2412 wrote:

Hi 

Doesn't that recommendation only have relevance for a wifi connected Puck?

Maybe or maybe not ......

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion